Outlook 2003 Forward doesn't work

Malak

On a connected topic...

I have my unique email reporting address, and am forwarding several (not many, not large) emails as attachemtns from Outlook 2003, but I'm getting:

Subject: SpamCop encountered errors

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Any ideas? I'm at a website that gets lots of spam & am happy to contrubute to the system, but not if I have to manually do it all at the website each & every day!

On a connected topic...

I have my unique email reporting address, and am forwarding several (not many, not large) emails as attachemtns from Outlook 2003, but I'm getting:

Subject: SpamCop encountered errors

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

Any ideas? I'm at a website that gets lots of spam & am happy to contrubute to the system, but not if I have to manually do it all at the website each & every day!

This post has been edited by Malak on Apr 8 2004, 04:29 AM

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/122.html

Unfortunately Outlook is unable to give spamcop headers in the proper form - see link above.

Perhaps, other Outlook users will comment on quicker, faster ways.

If it is possible to use Outlook Express to pick up your emails, that is really simple!

Miss Betsy

Aw drat. Am looking into the workarounds.

And thanks to whoever moved my post to the correct location!

M.

I'm still trying to figure some of this stuff out myself .. did a "merge" to combine it with Miss Betsy's manual exercise in "moving" the discussion to "here" ... yes the Merge works, but there's no "merker" left (usually a good thing) but concerned that if I merge someone's post into an existing Topic elsewhere, I'm not sure how the original poster is going to follow the invisible bread crumb trail to see where the original post is now currently residing ... Thus far, it seems the only solution is to PM the original poster .... ... so here's an "aw drat" right back at you <g>

I use outlook 2003 and have no problems...

I right click the offending message and choose options. I highlight the message headers and hit ctrl-c. I forward the offending message and paste (ctrl-V) the headers in at the top.

Spamcop accepts them no problem at all.

Cheers.

I use the same work around for sending from Outlook. I use the view options command, then highlight and copy the internet header info. I then paste this on a forwarded email to SpamCop. Hope this helps.

Splat

I use the same work around for sending from Outlook. I use the view options command, then highlight and copy the internet header info. I then paste this on a forwarded email to SpamCop. Hope this helps.

Splat

...This has the disadvantage of requiring one to actually open the spam (in your case, when you forward it) which is to be avoided. However, until ealesnj's approach (see above reference by JeffG), I couldn't find a way to avoid actually opening spam to report it. As an aside: I could have sworn I actually tried something essentially the same as ealesnj's approach without success but when I tried it today (I use Outlook 2000 rather than 2003), it worked like a charm! :blink:

Please also note ealesnj's innovative approach at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...st=0entry5797

There's a possible caveat there in that this may work for Outlook installed in "Internet" mode, but for those configured for "Corporate" mode are also at the whims of the configuration of the "Exchange" (type) server they're getting their feed from ...???

This has the disadvantage of requiring one to actually open the spam

True, but I, at least, have IE (which outlook uses to display the message, even in the preview pane) configured to use a web proxy, and block my account via that http proxy, so I don't load any of the images, etc., even when forwarding the message. I use Mozilla for my actual browsing (and having IE blocked from accessing the outside world is a wonderful thing, really).

Moderator:  This would be a good thread for including as a link in one of the other pinned items.

Please be more specific, or include it in one of your Topics. Thanks!

On a connected topic...

[snip]

I've modified Leon Mayne's version of Chris Price's SpamSource Outlook macro to send all the spam that you've highlighted in your Inbox to Spamcop with headers and all. My modifications eliminate the requirement that you to open the email before sending it, and will send more than one at a time.

It works well in Outlook 2000. I've not tried it in 2003, but I don't know any reason it wouldn't.

Source code and instructions are on my web site.

You're welcome to it.

Archived