trouble popping email

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my outlook to Outlook 2003. Over the past few days (about the time I upgraded) I have had trouble popping my email. Occassionly the software seems to choke on a message and just stops. 10 minutes later, it tries to download the email again... downloads a bunch and gets stuck on one email again. Has anything changed recently with spamcop and the way it handles email? I can't be sure, but I think Outlook is stopping on some foreign character emails..

As anybody else had problems with Outlook 2003?

thanks!

Hi, zack,

...Are you asking about reporting spam that you are receiving in your Outlook client or about the SpamCop Email capability that you are "popping" from Outlook? If you are asking about SpamCop Email, then I think we may need to have a moderator move this from the Help forum to the Email forum so that the right people (the ones who can help you because they know about the SpamCop Email system, which I don't) see it.

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my outlook to Outlook 2003. Over the past few days (about the time I upgraded) I have had trouble popping my email. Occassionly the software seems to choke on a message and just stops. 10 minutes later, it tries to download the email again... downloads a bunch and gets stuck on one email again. Has anything changed recently with spamcop and the way it handles email? I can't be sure, but I think Outlook is stopping on some foreign character emails.. When it does get stuck, I go in through the web mail and delete all the spam I can find, and usually that includes the ones written in non-English. After deleting all that, usually the rest of the emails are downloaded fine via Outlook.

thanks!

I'll move it from here .. but guess I need to go over there and see if that action will end up with a duplicate topic ..??

Yep, zack beat me to the punch .... so;

zack .. can you delete your "newer" topic? The only difference I see at first glance is a change in the Topic Title (which might be fixable if you "edit" the posting that heads this Topic?) I can delete your other posting, but I really don't want to get into that "censorship" area at all ...

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my outlook to Outlook 2003. Over the past few days (about the time I upgraded) I have had trouble popping my email. Occassionly the software seems to choke on a message and just stops. 10 minutes later, it tries to download the email again... downloads a bunch and gets stuck on one email again. Has anything changed recently with spamcop and the way it handles email? I can't be sure, but I think Outlook is stopping on some foreign character emails..

thanks!

No, nothing has changed in this area in a very long time.

I suspect this is Outlook choking on a particular message. A half-dozen times over the least couple years someone has asked about a similar situation. In every case, I can POP the message just fine manually from the POP server.

JT

Archived