[SpamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing

Gents,

Since a week or so I'm using Spamcop-pro. Absolutely great.

But every time I 'thick' spam towards Spamcop I get a confirmation email "[spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing".

How on earth can I switch that off??? Looked through my preferences and can't find it.

Cheers

How are you reporting? What is Spamcop-pro? What is 'thicking'?

However you are doing it, you need to follow the reporting link on each of those confirmation emails to complete the process - or go to your (SpamCop) members page to complete the report there, following the "unreported spam link" on that page. They just sit in a (growing) queue until you do. Most will be too late (at +48 hours) to do any good now.

You can send whole batches of spam in a single 'forward as attachment'. Then the message will say "...accepted x spam..." You still have to complete the reporting of each one. I'm sure you can do something similar from webmail, submitting whole swathes of the things (maybe that's what you're doing?). Or you can switch to Quick Reporting - though for preference you might like to stick with the "full reporting" that you're on until it makes sense to you.

Any help in any of that?

Many people ignore the automatic reply that "SpamCop has accepted..." They just go to the spamcop site and start reporting via the 'Unreported spam' link. If that is what you are doing, then you would want to turn off the automatic replies.

I thought there was a way to turn off the automatic replies, but I can never find anything in a FAQ. The other solution is to create a filtering rule so that they all go to the same folder and can be deleted easily.

If you use quick reporting, then you get a report also of what was reported. Those reports should be looked at to make sure quick reporting is working as it should.

Miss Betsy

Eh, I mean Mailwasher-pro.

OK, still guessing a bit here but I wil try...

If you are sending reports to submit.<secret code> address, you are getting the replies back because you need to complete the reporting process. That first step is only submitting the messages to spamcop. Then you go to the links provided (or log into your reporting site) to process the messages and send your reports to te ISP's.

If you are sending reports to quick.<secret code> address, you are received that message because you have not yet setup your reporting account with a mailhost configuration and enabled quick reporting. Without that configuration, all reports are sent for full reporting.

Once that is done, you will start getting replies back telling you where reports went. You can turn that report off by going into Preferences, Report Handling Options, Disable Quick Data Reports.

Since a week or so I'm using Spamcop-pro. Absolutely great.

There is no such a thing. I see that you have since noticed and corrected this statement.

But every time I 'thick' spam towards Spamcop I get a confirmation email "[spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing".

How on earth can I switch that off??? Looked through my preferences and can't find it.

Mu guess .. you went for the MailWasher tool and jumped right in and started using the SpamCop.net Reporting option. However, I'd guess that you did little research on exactly how to use the SpamCop.net tool-set. There is the Original/Official FAQ found under the Help button on the www.spamcop.net web-page. There is a single-page-access-expanded version found 'here' .. links at the top of this page. There is also a SpamCop Wiki being developed 'here' .. links also at the top of this page.

The point being .. if you are going to use tools, it's always a good idea to learn just how those tools actually work.

So far, nothing revealed and no indication/guess relating this to anything associated with a SC email account. Reporting, yes. C'mon Tourtoise, give us something to work with here.

Reminds me of the story about a terrorist who yanks open the door of a pet store and throws in a bomb. "You've got thirty seconds to clear the store," he sceams. "You [at]#*!," yells the tortoise at the back. But I digress.

OK, some extra info.

Indeed I use Mailwasher-pro.

I know how Spamcop works, I read the lot and registered myself, got an email address from Spamcop to send possible spam to.

Within Mailwasher I receive:

1. spam thats already recognized by Spamcop. (I only bounce that one automatically to the sender)

2. Possible spam. If it's really spam, I bounce it and forward it to Spamcop. (This is a feature in Mailwasher)

3. Questionable mail that I either accept as 'friendly' mail or bounce if it's mail that I don't wanna have but not really spam.

The spam that I also forward to Spamcop is every time accepted by Spamcop as spam. I really do know what is real spam and what's not. The only thing is that I don't need Spamcop to sent me a confirmation email every time I report spam to them. I want to know if there's a possibility to switch that off.

If I look through my preferences when I'm logged in on the Spamcop page, there nothing that says: "Switch off spam reporting confirmation email"

Sorry for not making this clear in an earlier stadium.

Thanks, Tourtoise (Holland)

...The spam that I also forward to Spamcop is every time accepted by Spamcop as spam. I really do know what is real spam and what's not. The only thing is that I don't need Spamcop to sent me a confirmation email every time I report spam to them. I want to know if there's a possibility to switch that off. ...
Thanks for the clarification Tourtoise! Yes, with full reporting you are obliged (we are all obliged) to verify the submission and complete the report (hit the "Report now" button or whatever it is called) on a case by case basis.

The alternative is to "quick report" - I gave a link in my first post to the description, Steven Underwood describes how you can make this even more streamlined by turning off the "Quick Data Reports". I think quick reporting will meet all your requirements (unless you are particularly interested in spamvertized websites which are not addressed by QR).

Please review and ask any more questions you want.

1. spam thats already recognized by Spamcop. (I only bounce that one automatically to the sender)

2. Possible spam. If it's really spam, I bounce it and forward it to Spamcop. (This is a feature in Mailwasher)

3. Questionable mail that I either accept as 'friendly' mail or bounce if it's mail that I don't wanna have but not really spam.

Do NOT 'bounce' the spam. The 'bounce' in Mailwasher returns it to the return-path which is always FORGED in spam. You are sending spam to some poor innocent person whose email address is in the return path. These emails you are 'bouncing' can be reported via spamcop as 'misdirected bounces' because they are just as annoying as spam. Some people can get hundreds of these 'misdirected bounces'.

Miss Betsy

Within Mailwasher I receive:

1. spam thats already recognized by Spamcop.

Why do I believe that you confused the tool once again? The only way that "recognized by SpamCop" would happen would be that you are using a SpamCop.net e-mail account. However, you have not stated that this is true.

Yes, you posted this into the Forum section set aside for SpamCop Email System & Accounts .. but all you've talked about thus far is the ise of MailWasher to submit your spam. Lack of a SpamCop.net e-mail account would demand that this Topic be moved back to the Reporting Jelp Forum section.

(I only bounce that one automatically to the sender)

Bad, bad, bad .... Miss Betsy only mentions one of the reasons that the Bounce function is bad, bad, bad ....

The spam that I also forward to Spamcop is every time accepted by Spamcop as spam. I really do know what is real spam and what's not.

The parser will accept any e-mail you submit (correctly) You are the one who makes the decision about submitting it in the first place .... and then agreeing with the targeted recipients when reviewing the parser results. (which you haven't really mentioned at all thus far??) There are loads of folks out there that lost privilges/accounts by reporting blindly, reporting their own ISP/Host, reporting e-mail from SpamCop.net, etc., etc., etc.

I'll also repeat the question once again . have you checked out Quick-Reporting yet?

Archived