Somilia vs Nigeria

Devilwolf

It seems the whole world is up in arms and ready to physically do something about Somali pirates... But hasn't Nigeria in the long run done more damage to more people in more countries because of its practice of using spam as a way to bring hard currency into the country?

Cruise missiles could be used to selectively target internet cafes and telecom hubs. I realize this would kill some innocent people, but sometimes you need to kill civilians make a point - like we did with Germany when we fired bombed Dresden.

Cruise missiles could be used to selectively target internet cafes and telecom hubs. I realize this would kill some innocent people, but sometimes you need to kill civilians make a point - like we did with Germany when we fired bombed Dresden.

Nah, sorry Devilwolf, just a tad too extreme for me. Cyberspace problem, cyberspace solutions I'd be looking for. You can't conjure a 'solution' from (almost) total global war exigencies.

And, O/T, but what did happen in WW 2 and what's with all this revisionist western guilt stuff? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties - particularly the Pie chart that says about the WW 2 death toll "Axis civilians 4%" (them), "Allied civilians 58%" (us). That's out of 72,942,400 (give or take). Every time someone gets on a soapbox about Dresden or Hiroshima or "Bomber" Harris's statue in London gets vandalized again, I think to myself, "Hang about, where are all the equivalent activies on the 'other' side, what about Birmingham and Nanking and (very long list)?" Ban the bomb, no more war, etc. for sure but ... let's remember ALL of our past and make the message so much stronger.

OK, you were 'tongue in cheek' but still ...

Having to note that this post has upset a number of folks, for several reasons. Though the starting post does fall into a bit of a nebulous zone of "is it spam or not?" ..... it is in the Lounge area, it doesn't advertise any products or attempt to toss out any nasty links.

It seems the whole world is up in arms and ready to physically do something about Somali pirates... But hasn't Nigeria in the long run done more damage to more people in more countries because of its practice of using spam as a way to bring hard currency into the country?

Numerous issues on those statements. The 419 type crap much predates the invention of the Internet. It is not 'run by the Nigerian government' .... rather individuals/gangs that prey on the gullible and simply stupid.

Wow! A very odd view of war and combat, never mind the strange selection of a single action of a generally described 'world' war. Wondering just what "the point was" for the indiscriminate V1 bombing of England, for example??? (Not that I'm wanting to continue this sort of dialog.)

Archived