Re: SCMaterialChanges

cwg

When using the web interface, same thing? Remove contents of attachment before submitting?
Are the contents of the attatchment present when you copy/paste into the web form?

In my experience, an "attachment" is a file that comes along *with* an email, but is not part *of* the email. The only way to see the contents of the file is to click on the link in the email, or click on the file name in your capture directory.

When I forward an email that came with an attachment, my email software will offer to send the attachment along with the forward. I can deny that by simply deleting the attachment information.

Deleting the attachment information has no effect on the email I am forwarding. It just keeps the attachment from being sent at the same time.

It seems to me that the only way the contents of the attachment could be included in the copy/paste operation is if you somehow contrive to get the contents of the file included with the contents of the spam email.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Are the contents of the attatchment present when you copy/paste into the web form?

Once again, a little thing like following a few of the hints on How to ask a good question would answer this and probably a slew of other quesztions.

In my experience, an "attachment" is a file that comes along *with* an email, but is not part *of* the email. The only way to see the contents of the file is to click on the link in the email, or click on the file name in your capture directory.

??? Hmmm, even the venerable and much maligned Outlook Express has the mechanism to "show the full source" of an e-mail, which will in fact include any attachments. "Seeing" is not the same as "collecting the data" for a Report Submittal.

When I forward an email that came with an attachment, my email software will offer to send the attachment along with the forward. I can deny that by simply deleting the attachment information.

Not sure what "forwarding" has to do with "the web interface" ... but then again, without specific details, "my" assumtion is that the www.spamcop.net page is being discussed,

It seems to me that the only way the contents of the attachment could be included in the copy/paste operation is if you somehow contrive to get the contents of the file included with the contents of the spam email.

Lack of user's actual tools, steps, etc. leaves me thinking that mutilple things are being described here. I previousy szuggested alternative ways to Report, based on the appearance that cwg sure made it sound like the FAQs and Wiki had already been read, researched, etc. .... and as "deletion of body content" had just added (deletion of header data already addressed) ... other ways to "save fuel" seemed to be the real question (at the time.)

??? Hmmm, even the venerable and much maligned Outlook Express has the mechanism to "show the full source" of an e-mail, which will in fact include any attachments.
Goody for Outlook Express. You clearly missed the part where I said, "in my experience." I don't use Outlook Express. Does the user use it?

It's truly unfortunately that you can't recognize a straight question when you see it.

When using the web interface, same thing?

???? And the "straight question" was based on what assumptions caused by the lack of detail on what tools were in use and how they were/are manipulated? Why did you jump the track and start talking about "forwarding an e-mail" in your first response .. especially when related to "a web interface?"

It's truly unfortunately that you can't recognize a straight question when you see it.

It's truly unfortuante that you can't refrain from sniping at a particular individual in an open forum. Unfortuantely, it seems childish, petty and very unprofessional to others who might read the posts.

Goody for Outlook Express. You clearly missed the part where I said, "in my experience."

<snip>

???? And the "straight question" was based on what assumptions caused by the lack of detail on what tools were in use and how they were/are manipulated? Why did you jump the track and start talking about "forwarding an e-mail" in your first response .. especially when related to "a web interface?"

It's truly unfortuante that you can't refrain from sniping at a particular individual in an open forum. Unfortuantely, it seems childish, petty and very unprofessional to others who might read the posts.
...Folks, can we please limit ourselves in the OP's thread to trying to find answers for the OP? If you want to snipe, you're more than welcome to do that, just please take it to the SpamCop Lounge or PM!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am using Outlook Express for the most part.

No, I don't bother using the Message Source option for reporting.

It is way easier to drag the suckers to a folder, than drop them en-masse into ConText where it's all exposed. So when I see:

Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="MUTUAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL.docx"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="MUTUAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL.docx"

UEsDBBQABgAIAAAAIQDd/JU3ZgEAACAFAAATAAgCW0NvbnRlbnRfVHlwZXNd
LnhtbCCiBAIooAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's easy to delete all the mime64 lines before pasting the message into the submission form.

P.S. You sell snipe license's here?

P.S.S. Many other email programs also will do the drag and drop into another folder, experiment!

Archived