BLOCKING IP ADDRESS

ABUSEOBS

Hello

Someone from SpamCop, could he contact me in private, to explainme the reasons for blocking our 4 ips smtp (French Operator France Telecom /Orange and if possible have evidence, samples?

Thank you in advance

Hello

Someone from SpamCop, could he contact me in private, to explainme the reasons for blocking our 4 ips smtp (French Operator France Telecom /Orange and if possible have evidence, samples?

Thank you in advance

What part of "The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)" did you not understand. Please supply the IPs in question and someone here may be able to help.

What part of "The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)" did you not understand.

RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!

Just plain rude! You should be ashamed of yourself!!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!

Just plain rude! You should be ashamed of yourself!!

I'm not. What is 'just plain rude' is blundering in making demands that we should do something without doing the the smallest amount of research and ignoring all the stickies and 'read before posting's.

If you will send me the server IP addresses by EMAIL, I will be happy to help you.

Send email to: Service[at]SpamCop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Thank you for your return

I sent you an email with 4 IPS address on your email Service[at]SpamCop.net

Pending

ABUSEOBS

I'm not. What is 'just plain rude' is blundering in making demands that we should do something without doing the the smallest amount of research and ignoring all the stickies and 'read before posting's.

I think that there's a "happy medium" somewhere between sarcastically chastising someone for breaking the "rules" and ignoring their transgression. Happily, both of the volunteers named "Steve" who help keep the lights on here tend to gently offer that friendly-but-gently-corrective style of response.

DT

...That might be the case if there were some easily identifiable alternative to getting SpamCop's attention other than posting here. We frequent participants know that deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net would have been appropriate but that kind of information just isn't easily available to a newbie who needs it. And I don't agree that "making demands" properly characterizes the OP's inquiry -- it seemed polite enough, to me! :) <g>

Archived