Email was rejected because "host" is blacklisted

geoff

This is the message attached to an email that was returned to me as undeliverable. This is simply an email to a friend. Nothing sinister.

"host mail.csystems.net [204.50.8.41]: 550 This system is configured to reject mail from 207.44.196.39 [207.44.196.39] (Host blacklisted - Found on Realtime Black List server '39.196.44.207.bl.spamcop.net')"

What the hell??? Is MY email address blacklisted specifically, or is it any address with spamcop.net attached to it???

I'd appreciate knowing how to deal with this unfortunate situation.

Geoff

Is MY email address blacklisted specifically, or is it any address with spamcop.net attached to it???

Your email address has nothing to do with the blacklist. Blacklists work with the IP (internet) address of a machine. Specifically, the information we have is available at:

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/w3m?action=check...p=207.44.196.39

host 207.44.196.39 = svr18.edns1.com which seems like it might be your ISP's mail server???

If you go to that URl above, you wil see that lots of the neighboring (network speaking) addresses are also listed. If this is your ISP, they have a major spam problem right now, though only a few are actually on the list.

Geoff,

In case the other replies don't make this clear:

Nobody's accusing you of spamming

Your email address is not blaclisted

Your ISP is very spam-friendly meaning that (a) it takes no action against spammers because their money is more important to them than yours

OR (B) they are a broadband set-up who either (i) don't know how to OR (ii) can't be arsed to cut off compromised machines on their network.

All those IP's with spam reports allows no other conclusion. Get yourself a new ISP as soon as possible as this one's servers will soon be on every blacklist on the web.

Either way, you issue is with Everyone's Internet. If and when they clean up their act the servers will be delisted. Until then you are not going to get the service you pay for because of their recklessness.

Archived