my spamcop account has been disabled?

What is going on here? I just logged in and it said my account was disabled. You have no phone number on your site to call and almost no other way to contact you other than this forum? How professional is that?

spam is already hell. But you are making my life worse, not better.

...You mean you'd rather call a clueless support desk, listen to elevator music and a message like "Your call is important to us. Please hold on the line for the next available operator." for a couple of hours, then talk to someone whose only suggestion is to reboot your PC and reinstall all your software? :D <big g>

...Did you do a "Search" in these fora for the error message you are seeing? I see the following (which may or may not be relevant to your situation): StevenUnderwood's reply in thread "spam Reporting Disabled". If not relevant, please post back here to let us know and hopefully someone who knows the SpamCop e-mail system better than I will be able to help you.

...Good luck!

Not sure if "account is disabled" is the same as the detail found at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/264.html .. but it's a shot ....

13984[/snapback]

Well the first url was no help at all. Yes, it was pretty close to the same problem, but offered no solution. The 2nd one (quoted above) had some additional info:

Why was my authorization revoked?

When I try using my authorization URL, I get the message, "Your authorization has been revoked." Why?

There are two basic reasons:

You broke one of the rules

. In this case you will have been sent an email explaining what you did wrong and that you have been banned from using the free SpamCop service.

I did not receive any email explaining the situation. And i'm not a free user, I'm a paying customer.

I'm not exactly sure what "rule" I broke, but I'm not aware of any, that's for sure.

So who do I contact to find out why? Really this is no way to run a business.

...You mean you'd rather call a clueless support desk, listen to elevator music and a message like "Your call is important to us.  Please hold on the line for the next available operator." for a couple of hours, then talk to someone whose only suggestion is to reboot your PC and reinstall all your software?  :D <big g>

Let me ask you a question: If your car's "check engine" light came on w/in 6 months of your purchasing a new car, and you take it back to the dealer, do you expect the dealer to say "Well did you read the service manual and search our database for possible reasons why the check engine light comes on?"

I'm glad it's funny to you. But I pay for this service, and renew every year. I expect to be treated like a valuable customer, not talked down to.

I did not receive any email explaining the situation. And i'm not a free user, I'm a paying customer.

I'm not exactly sure what "rule" I broke, but I'm not aware of any, that's for sure.

So who do I contact to find out why? Really this is no way to run a business.

I'm pretty confused. You apparently went to the link suggested, as you copied and pasted some of the data there into your post here. But, it kind of blows me away that you would jump over the phrase "There are two basic reasons:" ... totally ignore the second item, and then ask who to contact even though the address is provided on the exact page that you cut the data from .....

Matt621,

I think that part of the problem is that you're taking the responses you get here too seriously. This forum is primariily "users helping users" and some of the most frequent posters in this forum don't even have SpamCop email accounts (although they are SpamCop users...just of a different variety), and so you'll often see answers that are only speculative.

The only person who can really give authoritative answers rarely posts anymore, so if your problem isn't quickly resolved by posted here, a much better solution is to write to either "support (at) spamcop.net" or "service (at) admin.spamcop.net"

David T.

Well the first url was no help at all. Yes, it was pretty close to the same problem, but offered no solution.

<snip>

...Really? Here is what I wrote:
<snip>

I see the following (which may or may not be relevant to your situation):  StevenUnderwood's reply in thread "spam Reporting Disabled".  If not relevant, please post back here to let us know and hopefully someone who knows the SpamCop e-mail system better than I will be able to help you.

and here is what that post said, in part:
You should contact deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net explaining your issue and clearly identifying your account so they can find it and explain the problem.
...If that's still unclear, would you explain what you think is missing so that I can be clearer next time someone asks a similar question? Thanks!

...You mean you'd rather call a clueless support desk, listen to elevator music and a message like "Your call is important to us.  Please hold on the line for the next available operator." for a couple of hours, then talk to someone whose only suggestion is to reboot your PC and reinstall all your software?  :D <big g>
Let me ask you a question: If your car's "check engine" light came on w/in 6 months of your purchasing a new car, and you take it back to the dealer, do you expect the dealer to say "Well did you read the service manual and search our database for possible reasons why the check engine light comes on?"
...Well, being Jewish, I'll answer your question with another question: what is it that I wrote here that looked to you anything like "Well did you read the service manual and search our database for possible reasons why the check engine light comes on?" Later, in a part you did not quote, I did ask, "Did you do a "Search" in these fora for the error message you are seeing?" IMHO, that is a legitimate question in a web-based help forum that has a "Search" option prominently displayed at the top of the screen.

I'm glad it's funny to you. But I pay for this service, and renew every year. I expect to be treated like a valuable customer, not talked down to.
...What's funny to me is not your situation but rather your apparent belief that a support model that has users reporting problems by telephone is necessarily superior to what is done by SpamCop. I'm sorry you seem more inclined to rant about begin "talked down to" than to focus on the suggestions being offered here in an attempt to help you find ways to solve your problem. It was certainly not my intent to treat you condescendingly, since you seem to have a serious problem that merits a serious response. But humor (even if my attempt at it was poor) is not, IMHO, incompatible with trying to seriously help you.

Archived