SpamCop FAQ problem

DavidT

Where can I get further assistance?

This FAQ has been changed, also.

This is one of those that I'm trying to figure out how to handle in a different way ... the link provided ( http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=4 ) does what it's supposed to do, kicks one directly into the E-Mail Forum ...

However, due to the structure of the Forum layout, there's not real clue there to suggest that there are other Forums in existence .. like the Announcements section that might have the "SpamCop is down" notice that would have answered the user's query ... At present the thought of putting in a Pinned Item to act like a "frame-buster" to allow one redirected into one of the "sub-Forums" from a Help link to then take another "leap" back to the "top" page seems a bit silly, but ... beginning to look like the only way "I" can do anything about this bit of issue.

Technically, the "page level" is actually shown at the top of the screen, such that one can click on those "words" and move back up a level (or two) ... but, this is one of those not intuitively obvious to the newbie ....... or do "we" need to write up a "how to use these Forums" and Pin that sucker to each group? <g>

Technically, the "page level" is actually shown at the top of the screen, such that one can click on those "words" and move back up a level (or two) ... but, this is one of those not intuitively obvious to the newbie .......  or do "we" need to write up a "how to use these Forums" and Pin that sucker to each group? <g>

14407[/snapback]

Perhaps a better way would be to change the link in the faq to the Forums front door and let the user pick the group. The groups names are already pretty self explanatory, though a couple of name changes might assist; i.e. SpamCop reporting system help.

I realize the description expands on the group name and the names were chosen to reflect the more familiar (to us) newsgroup names, but I do believe this is a different audience and you don't need to cater to the news groupies ;-)

Richard

Perhaps a better way would be to change the link in the faq to the Forums front door and let the user pick the group.

Had mentioned this in an e-mail or two to both JT and Deputies ... this is the first response ... but as (somewhere ??) in trying to pull the FAQ "here" together, I was stumbling across link all over th eplace. No idea if you've got a great and wonderful HTML editor that has everything under a "project" or if these pages are simple NotePad edits of a load of little files, so havn't a clue as to the ease of doing a global replacement would work for you/JT/whoever ...

The groups names are already pretty self explanatory, though a couple of name changes might assist; i.e. SpamCop reporting system help.

The Forum "names" is an issue that's been floating around since day one .. my latest attempt at requesting/suggesting a change is at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672 .... status = in limbo

I realize the description expands on the group name and the names were chosen to reflect the more familiar (to us) newsgroup names, but I do believe this is a different audience and you don't need to cater to the news groupies  ;-)

Actually funny, I just replied to a newsgroup poster over in spamcop.help that I believe had only posted "here" before .. there is a fair bit of cross-over going on, at times I'm not sure that I'm not actually talking to the same person in both places <g>

Okie-dokie, I've rewritten this FAQ.  Critique away!!

(and)

This FAQ has been changed, also.

14398[/snapback]

Thanks, Richard! I've taken a quick look at your changes, and will respond if I see anything that needs to be improved.

dt

Richard,

There's another FAQ article that needs addressing...the one titled "Does SpamCop work with AOL/MSN/Hotmail?" found here:

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/305.html

The "AOL USERS NOTE" section can all be deleted, because it's based on either false or outdated information. See the thread at:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=103

Thanks,

dt

Just a small caution, note JT's earlier post and one I just added a bit ago ... At this point, there's only louisd and DavidT that validate the no-charge scenario at present ...

14485[/snapback]

But there's absolutely no evidence to the contary....both Louis and I have tested this thoroughly, and the FAQ is wrong....period.

dt

Archived