Email arrives in my PC stripped of images

Ex_Brit

I've checked my ISP's webmail settings...no filtering there. My Incredimail client is set to allow all images yet I get all emails with images as that dreaded blank box with a red X inside.

Has something changed at SC to cause this in the last 2-3 days?

(Mail is pop'd by SC then pop'd by my email client.)

I got those too, only in my case the jpg were on url that turned out to be blocked or discontinued, and not embeded or attached to the mail itself.

17571[/snapback]

Mine are regular newsletters that have always shown normally. Such as PC World Daily Download etc.

I've narrowed it down. If I turn off my usual email client (Incredimail Premium) and pick up emails in Outlook Express, the images show fine. So Spamcop is not to blame, nor is my ISP it would appear. (re: bandwidth possible culprit.) So it seems that perhaps my Incredimail installation is faulty. When I get around to it I'll uninstall/reinstall. Why it would suddenly start acting that way Lord only knows. <_<

Incredimail?  Don't bother...it's crap. (they pollute the 'net with non-standard messages....sorry, but it's not the way things are supposed to be, IMO)

DT

17836[/snapback]

That depends on how you use it I guess.

Anyway, I found the problem lay in my McAfee Firewall settings as per this link.

http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/mcfee.html <_<

Archived