Why isn't all my spam being registered?

Hi!

I use Mailwasher Pro connected to your spam database. Recently I have noticed that, even though I mark, say, 50 or 60 new spam for reporting to you, there are only maybe 10 come the time I log on to your website to do the final reporting. This never used to be the case.

I get about 150 spam messages a day - enough, but surely not above limit?

Can you help? I'd be most grateful.

Chris Walker. :rolleyes:

There is a limit to the size of a single file (group of messages) that can be accepted and processed. You may need to break your submissions into small groups. I do not believe that there is an actual limit on the number of individual messages that can be processed.

And of course, there's always the popular rejoinder ... what's not covered in the FAQ (Read before Posting) that appaerntly didn't begin to offer up any clues to a possible issue? The "missing e-mail" scenario seems to suggest at least one issue, though that there's a third-party application in the midst does help stir the pot a bit. And once again, for those recently expressing concern over my actions .. this is an issue with the e-mail submittal process ... nothing actually stated here about problems with the "reporting" results in the e-mails that did "make it" to the parser ...

And once again, for those recently expressing concern over my actions .. this is an issue with the e-mail submittal process ... nothing actually stated here about problems with the "reporting" results in the e-mails that did "make it" to the parser ...

Then let's change the descriptions and structure of these forums ASAP, because this forum was set up for those of us who actually have SC email accounts, but the scope seems to have been widened to include any interaction with Spamcop via email, which then overlaps with "SpamCop Reporting," the designated topic of the Help forum. It's something that needs resolution in the "Forum Configuration" topic in the Lounge.

Actually, anything having to do with spam is email-related, so I guess that you could dump everything in here..... <_<

DT

..."We" can't do that, IIUC -- only the "owner" of these fora can do that.  That's JeffT.

Yes, you understand correctly. JT has been more active here recently, so maybe, just maybe, he'll make some changes for "us" -- but first, we need to come to a clear consensus about what changes are needed. There's a Forum configuration topic in the Lounge that should have done that, but people gave up...let's get it going again.

DT

Yes, you understand correctly. JT has been more active here recently, so maybe, just maybe, he'll make some changes for "us" -- but first, we need to come to a clear consensus about what changes are needed. There's a Forum configuration topic in the Lounge that should have done that, but people gave up...let's get it going again.

DT

17871[/snapback]

...No, I'm not wasting my time with that until I'm convinced we have a clear and fairly firm commitment from JT to actually action those suggestions he agrees are reasonable. I understand that he might have more important things to do -- that's fine -- but I don't see why I should spend a lot of time on something that is going to just be ignored by the one person who is empowered to actually do something. :) <g>

Then let's change the descriptions and structure of these forums ASAP, because this forum was set up for those of us who actually have SC email accounts, but the scope seems to have been widened to include any interaction with Spamcop via email, which then overlaps with "SpamCop Reporting," the designated topic of the Help forum. It's something that needs resolution in the "Forum Configuration" topic in the Lounge.

DT

17835[/snapback]

My goal was for this particular forum to be about SpamCop Email System issues. That's users with paid, filtered email accounts and has nothing to do with reporting spam via email. IMO, this thread should simply be moved to the main SpamCop help forum. Or to the Mailwasher forum, wherever that is.

JT

Archived