Filter problem: Received never finds string

Tommy

I receive email for several domains on one of my email addresses but when I try to create a filter looking for [at]madeupdomain.org in the "Receive" headers, it never matches any messages. My guess is that the filter looks only at the first Received line, which of course on Spamcop email will NEVER contain what I'm looking for.

I have a workaround --

To contains [at]madeupdomain

OR CC contains [at]madeupdomain.org

OR BCC contains [at]madeupdomain.org

This seems to work -- HOWEVER -- Having three ORed tests is VERY noticeably slower. (I have Horde set to run the filters every time the Inbox is displayed.)

It would be great to be able to use one Received test instead of three ORed tests. Am I missing something, or is this just so arcane and unusual that nobody else has hit it?

I don't get a lot of mail on that domain so if there's no other option I may just turn the filter back off and manually move the messages as they come in.

I just did some quick tests which seem to back up Tommy's problem, only I was not able to get it to find anything in the received lines, even the first one.

Tommy, did you ever test and see a Received: header search work?

This request would need to go to support[at]spamcop.net to get before JT's eyes.

This is the remaining bug on my own "list" of things about the webmail that don't work. Here's an old topic thread about it...which has never been resolved:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2079

So no, currently you can't filter on anything in the "Received" headers, even though the system lets you try to set up filters that way....this is a nasty bug, IMO.

DT

Tommy, did you ever test and see a Received: header search work?

No, you're right, I never found a test that worked, so obviously I was speculating too much.

I'm quite fond of the interface for setting up the filters -- it's much easier and better thought out than on some other systems I've used. There are some tests that are not accessible (look at the online help to see mentions of them) but so far I've only had trouble with Received.

Archived