Where are the recipients for my spam report?

dad2468

I can't see any checkboxes or address's for which I am supposed to send my spam reports. Is there something wrong with my browser or what.

HELP !!!

Thanks,

Randy

Providing a Tracking URL would allow someone else to take a look at your report to see what happened there. Providing a bit of a clue as to what browser is in use under what operating system/platform might have allowed at least some guesses at possibilities. Providing nothing but a "it doesn't work" comment for a query helps no one. Can you try again and fill in some of the missing data?

Did it ever work?

What was the last thing you did before it quit working? (install some new software, update, etc.)

Are you the only user of this computer?

Does everything else still work?

Do you run any anti-virus / anti-spyware / security stuff? Updated regularly?

Just a few of the things that have to be guessed at from this end ....

Providing a Tracking URL would allow someone else to take a look at your report to see what happened there.  Providing a bit of a clue as to what browser is in use under what operating system/platform might have allowed at least some guesses at possibilities.  Providing nothing but a "it doesn't work" comment for a query helps no one.  Can you try again and fill in some of the missing data?

Did it ever work?

What was the last thing you did before it quit working? (install some new software, update, etc.)

Are you the only user of this computer?

Does everything else still work?

Do you run any anti-virus / anti-spyware / security stuff?  Updated regularly?

Just a few of the things that have to be guessed at from this end ....

19525[/snapback]

It did used to work but I can't remember what I did to make it stop working. I know I installed the XP sp2. I install stuff all the time so I couldn't be sure if what I installed made it stop working. Some of the software that I have working is Norton Internet Security, which does have AntiVirus with it. I use IE6 for my browser. I will copy the Tracking URL that Wazoo asked me to do.

I am the only user of this computer and as far as I know everything else does work. I have limited experience in how some of the spyware stuff works but isn't there something in XP that may be working in the background?

Any ideas???

Following that link I see:

Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:

Re: 61.144.146.159 (Silent report about source of mail)

Reportid: 1286320493 To: mole[at]devnull.spamcop.net

Re: http://lj.net.better1info.com (Silent report about spamvertisement)

Reportid: 1286320494 To: mole[at]devnull.spamcop.net

Which to me indicates that you are registered in "mole" mode. PLease see What is mole reporting?

See your Preferences setting to modify.

Following that link I see:

Which to me indicates that you are registered in "mole" mode.  PLease see What is mole reporting?

See your Preferences setting to modify.

20013[/snapback]

I think I understand about the mole reporting but shouldn't there be some choices of who to send the spam reports to. I used to see the address's or isp's on the page. I can't see anything anymore.

I think I understand about the mole reporting but shouldn't there be some choices of who to send the spam reports to. I used to see the address's or isp's on the page. I can't see anything anymore.

20024[/snapback]

...Quite -- that's what mole reporting means: from the referenced link:
SpamCop now offers new and existing users an option to withhold almost all data - registering reports in SpamCop's database, but never sending reports to the "ISP"

Some dialog on mole reporting and the status of this 'condition' is still sitting at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030 .. I've not heard of any change to this status yet.

However, this Topic is kind of "yesterday's news" as this user has started a new Topic, now dealing with "too many complaint recipients" seen <g>

I read the information on the mole mode and I re-registered. I thank all of you for your help. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I've been out of town.

Thanks again,

Randy

Archived