no joke

maz

Re-parsing with http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z690890926z20...143c611f5173c6z , I see the following:

Finding links in message body

Parsing HTML part

Too many links

Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:

Reportid: 1286026643 To: cancelled[at]devnull.spamcop.net

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 204.168.70.196 (Administrator of network where email originates)

abuse[at]appliedtheory.com

postmaster[at]appliedtheory.com

Re: 204.168.70.196 (Third party interested in email source)

spamcop[at]imaphost.com

Please report this problem per Request for Sample Bad spam. Thanks!

First of all, that Tracking URl is stil live. You really want to either Send or Cancel the report.

Your "different message than normal" doesn't say anything to me. What I see is the "too many links" error message ... looking at the actual construct of your sample, I'd think you'de see that most everytime you tried to report it. So, I can't guess at what the "different message" might be.

It does appear to be a list, the Unsubscribe/Remove-me links are all over the place, the few items I looked at do make it appear that it's straight up stuff ... I can sympathize with the "I didn't sign up" concept, but I'm also guessing that this outfit has the "sign-up-a-friend" game going also. Waht I'm trying to say here is that you need to make sure of the histry here, as there are certain "rules" involved with the reporting of a mail-list item ...

Your report is headed off to the ISP for large range of IPs, and from their perspective, thiscomplaint might be balanced against this joke-of-the-day outfit that send out hundreds-of-thousands of e-mails a day, and that one individual that can't figure out how to unsubscribe isn't worth the time dealing with. So if you have actually attempted to unsubscribe, make sure that you add this data into the "additional comments" line to make it clear that there is something wrong with the unsubscribe engine.

11/10/04 11:05:22 whois laziojokes.com

whois -h whois.crsnic.net laziojokes.com ...

Redirecting to REGISTER.COM, INC.

whois -h whois.register.com laziojokes.com ...

Organization:

The Humor Network / OptaNetwork LLC

Eric Targan

555 Fifth Avenue - Suite 1400

New York, NY 10017

US

Phone: +1 2125611956

Email: EricTargan[at]Yahoo.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: LAZIOJOKES.COM

Created on..............: Mon, Jun 05, 2000

Expires on..............: Thu, Jun 05, 2003

Record last updated on..: Fri, Oct 15, 2004

Administrative Contact:

Eric Targan

New York, NY 10017

US

Fax..: +1 2127699060

Technical Contact:

Eric Targan

New York, NY 10017

US

Zone Contact:

Eric Targan

New York, NY 10017

US

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS21.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.81

DNS22.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.81

Interesting that the Domain allegedly expired over a year ago, and yet .....

The Yahoo address for Tech contact doesn't inspire one to confidence.

Maybe more data for your next complaint???

I reported the commercial use of that Yahoo! email address.

19993[/snapback]

I've been reporting a person for about 6 months, who added me to a list without my consent. What's sad is the ISP is Pac Bell, so there's no follow up or concern there and the linked people in the spam don't bother to cease the spammer. (if you need specific details, I can pull up a past report)

These "add a friend" lists are crap and I wish there was a more action one could take with such list spammers.

There is justification for manually reporting each mailing to all of them and their upstreams and spam support service providers (including providers of registration and name service, plus providers of advertising cash): EricTargan[at]Yahoo.com, mail-abuse[at]yahoo-inc.com, postmaster[at]yahoo.com, postmaster[at]mta03.optamail.com, postmaster[at]optamail.com, abuse[at]optamail.com, abuse[at]sprint.net, abuse[at]att.net, abuse[at]register.com, postmaster[at]register.com, webmaster[at]home.humornetwork.com, postmaster[at]home.humornetwork.com, eric[at]humornetwork.com, RexBarker[at]HumorNetwork.com, license[at]Humornetwork.com, postmaster[at]humornetwork.com, postmaster[at]clrbl.com, abuse[at]clrbl.com, abuse[at]appliedtheory.com, spamtool[at]level3.net, abuse[at]clearblue.com, abuse[at]mci.com, postmaster[at]clearblue.com, abuse[at]level3.net, postmaster[at]jtd18.laziojokes.com, postmaster[at]laziojokes.com, abuse[at]laziojokes.com, webmaster[at]www.farmjokes.com, postmaster[at]www.farmjokes.com, postmaster[at]farmjokes.com, abuse[at]farmjokes.com, abuse[at]enom.com, abuse[at]internap.com, webmaster[at]www.shemtov36.com, postmaster[at]www.shemtov36.com, postmaster[at]shemtov36.com, abuse[at]shemtov36.com, webmaster[at]ads.mikledet36.com, postmaster[at]ads.mikledet36.com, webmaster[at]home.mikledet36.com, postmaster[at]home.mikledet36.com, webmaster[at]view.mikledet36.com, postmaster[at]view.mikledet36.com, postmaster[at]mikledet36.com, abuse[at]mikledet36.com, webmaster[at]www.matok180.com, postmaster[at]www.matok180.com, postmaster[at]matok180.com, abuse[at]matok180.com, postmaster[at]cheaptoregister.com, abuse[at]cheaptoregister.com, webmaster[at]www.funnyfortune.com, postmaster[at]www.funnyfortune.com, postmaster[at]funnyfortune.com, abuse[at]funnyfortune.com, webmaster[at]www.tenli72.com, postmaster[at]www.tenli72.com, postmaster[at]tenli72.com, abuse[at]tenli72.com, webmaster[at]www.reshet126.com, postmaster[at]www.reshet126.com, postmaster[at]reshet126.com, and abuse[at]reshet126.com. Any of those contacts, postmasters, or abuse desks whose email bounces could also be submitted for listing by RFC-Ignorant.org.

Please don't call ringleader Eric Targan's cell phone at +1-917-257-2731 to complain at 4am.

• 3 weeks later...
...And what have you learned from this experience?  :) <g>

20103[/snapback]

If I am to report spam, first I must attempt to remove myself... correct?

Actually I thought I struck out, I received an email notification that someone had removed me, I think it was that I located the mother load website and emailed them about the problem I was having, well that worked for a short while... yes they are back!

I wish I had kept the email now. :rolleyes:

I didn't understand all that stuff above, anyone solved this one?

Thanks

If I am to report spam, first I must attempt to remove myself... correct?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

The moral of the story is NEVER unsubscribe to something you did not subscribe to in the first place.

If someone has low enough morals to add someone to his list without asking, what makes you think that same person would remove you if you ask nicely (or otherwise). By doing so, you have confirmed the address is live and you read the messages. The spammer thinks he just needs to find the right "deal" to hook you. He can also sell your address as "confirmed" to other spammers to be added to the 25th release of the Million address CD-ROM.

It appears their unsubscribe feature may be the hook and bait, because now I'm getting more jokes per day having unsubscribed  :angry:

20080[/snapback]

...And what have you learned from this experience? :) <g>

20103[/snapback]

...Bzzzt! No, sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

The moral of the story is NEVER unsubscribe to something you did not subscribe to in the first place.

20718[/snapback]

...Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! :D <big g>

Archived