Please Remove Me

Arglex

I personally use spamcop for reporting spam. I use other RBLs to filter our incoming mail, and my server is NOT an open relay. Much to my surprise, we got listed in Spamcop. It turns out that someone was actually authenticating to the Mail system and sending spam. OK, fine, Spamcop showed me I had a problem.

Now the problem is fixed and no one is removing our IP from the database.

216.57.14.250 needs to be removed, the problem is fixed.

I responed to the e-mail explaining why we are listed and have not heard back so I am posting here hoping this can be done ASAP. My users are complaining because we cannot send mail to a big client.

If the email reply was to "deputies at spamcop.net" or any address at admin.spamcop.net, please wait until they review your case. They are very busy.

If the email reply was to any other address, please post the original email.

Thanks!

I personally use spamcop for reporting spam.  I use other RBLs to filter our incoming mail, and my server is NOT an open relay.  Much to my surprise, we got listed in Spamcop.  It turns out that someone was actually authenticating to the Mail system and sending spam.  OK, fine, Spamcop showed me I had a problem.

Now the problem is fixed and no one is removing our IP from the database.

216.57.14.250 needs to be removed, the problem is fixed.

I responed to the e-mail explaining why we are listed and have not heard back so I am posting here hoping this can be done ASAP.  My users are complaining because we cannot send mail to a big client.

The normal scenario is that within 48 hours of spam stoppage, the IPA falls off the list. How long has it been, vice how long had the abuse been going on?

>>If the email reply was to "deputies at spamcop.net" or any address at admin.spamcop.net, please wait until they review your case. They are very busy.<<

Yes, that is where I sent it.

I understand the 48hr limit, but that really is restricting admins like myself that try to do the right thing.

I am just getting frustrated because some of my users are being a PITA, and the only thing I can tell them is to wait.

>>If the email reply was to "deputies at spamcop.net" or any address at admin.spamcop.net, please wait until they review your case. They are very busy.<<

I understand the 48hr limit, but that really is restricting admins like myself that try to do the right thing. 

I am just getting frustrated because some of my users are being a PITA, and the only thing I can tell them is to wait.

Though not a normal recommendation, especially as it is seen as a spammer action, but if you're in a hurry and the problem is this big, do you have another IPA that you could shift your SMTP server to? I know, PITA, but, in the interest of getting your body out of the the "users are displeased" mode ?????

There should be mail clunking into your mailbox from me right now -- sorry for the delay in getting a response to you this AM ... I am getting thru the mail as fast as I can but there is lots of it today :-(

Thanks Ellen, I got your e-mail.

About switching IPs....

Maybe if this was a small company where an IP switchover would not be that bad, but with the users out in the field, the backup systems in place, changing DNS records, it would be way too much to change.

I am more than happy to work with the staff to get it taken care of.

Thanks Ellen, I got your e-mail.

About switching IPs....

Maybe if this was a small company where an IP switchover would not be that bad, but with the users out in the field, the backup systems in place, changing DNS records, it would be way too much to change.

I am more than happy to work with the staff to get it taken care of.

As I said, I knew it would be an issue, but had to offer the alternative. Glad to see that Ellen caught up with you. Hope things got worked out and your users are happy once again <g>

Archived