Viscom Technologies Group (V2 Premier Computer)

Hans Gruber

Maybe you misunderstand the role of spamcop....

Spamcop helps you determine where a message came from so you can send the reports. It also creates the complaint and forwards any responses back to you to protect your email address from whitelisting. Spamcop also adds IP addresses that have received reports for sending spam to it's statistics for possible inclusion in the spamcop blocklist. Spamcop does not file any complaints, the reporter does.

It seems you have already done the research that spamcop can help with. You should send the complaints including the message with full headers so these entities can investigate and take any appropriate action. Your information does not even include any reference to an email received, what IP address it came from, etc.

Good luck in your anti-spamming endeavors.

I was calculating that it was some kind of hardware issue, based on "if you own a V2 Premier computer" .. but I was then looking for just what one was supposed to complain about and never saw the root cause of the posting.

Sorry, nothing of interest in those kinds of shows for me. What would have made a bit more sense is for you to have actually provided whatever data you're trying to expose 'here' ... pointing to some cable channel (assumedly some "buy your nest stuff here for a great price thing) that may or may not be carried by anyone's television reception package/mode doesn't explain much to the "rest of us"

OK, see that while I was typing this you provided a link to something substantial ... thanks for that follow-up.

However, hitting that "shopping site" doesn't clear anything up for me ..??? Four of the Top 5 sales items are a V2Premier computer system ... still haven't a clue as to your "complaint" situation ....

Your last post should have been your first post .. though just not sure how / why you'd have picked a SpamCop Forum to voice your tale woe ... That said, you've made a perfect example for some folks being advised to buy locally. Not saying that you can't end up with a poece of crap then either, but it's a bit harder to duck the issues when you're looking them in the eye.

I didn't know they had internet and television out in  Iowa? I thought for sure it was all  corn fields and  milking cows.

Maybe 30 years ago, I remember having a room full of MIT students in awe that we still circled the wagons at night. Something like 10 years ago, I had what I think we agreed to be like a 6th grade class in Norway involved in a chat (a tool on my personal web-site at the time) .. part of the school work included watching US television shows. They understood the "Dallas" series (who shot JR fame) .. but were having a very hard time trying to figure our exactly where "Bonanza" was, not finding it on any map, wondering where all the cars, planes, etc. were in the show ....

Uh, no I'm afraid not. But you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you?

Huh? Patti = Hans Gruber? And therefore I know you?

Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshall Dillon?

Hans Gruber

Nakotoma Plaza , California

Just one of the guys that would have moved your posting to the Lounge, had you not started it there yourself .. if that's what you are getting at. Something along the lines of "yippeekaiyaaaa" perhaps? <g>

As stated within the Topic you started in the Lounge, this posting has nothing to do with issues involving problems reporting spam via the SpamCop parsing and reporting tool-set. Moved to the Lounge ... which then brings up the question of this being a repeated posting already in place "there" ....

You should add this to the other or delete it Wazoo.

22910[/snapback]

What idiot put you in charge?

Hans Gruber

Nakotoma Plaza, California

Google.com listing for Viscom Technologies ( third listing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SpamCop Discussion > Viscom Technologies Group (V2 Premier ...

Full Version: Viscom Technologies Group (V2 Premier Computer). ...

forum.spamcop.net/forums/ lofiversion/index.php/t3422.html - 18k - Jan 10, 2005

Hans....

What idiot put you in charge?

This is NOT a site to make general complaints about anything on your mind, and it is not a BBB of any kind. If you wish for people to understand your viewpoint, you need to explain them fully, as it took several posts in your previous thread to extract from you. Especially when they are off-topic from spamcop.net and/or spam fighting, which is what this forum is for. This forum is for the user support of the spamcop.net web sites.

Merlyn simply posted before Wazoo had a chance to move it and make a similiar same statement.

Please File complaints for

The only people who should file any complaints are those who have a specific complaint against the company, which you appear to have. You should be making the complaint. I have no complaint and had never heard of this company before your off-topic posts. I never buy anything from a TV show/commercial and only buy name brand equipment from the internet...there are too many frauds out there not to be extra careful.

Actually, the first link is funnier, though having nothing to do with your / their computer problems. All the "privacy" lingo on that page is absolutely hilarious, when coupled with a specific line of "we protect our customers" crap.

Item #1: Subscribe to our Free, Privacy Protected E-mail Newsletter - interesting, but heavy on the "Privacy Protected" thing ... noting that the "privacy" link offers up repeated use of the "double opt-in" description of the subscribing actions.

Item #2: Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: Consumer

(e-mail address encoded for privacy against automated collection) - hilarious in that the alleged "encoding" is the use of a mail-to: link .... yep, we're talking heavy security, at least a ton of "protection" offered, and just a bit of a hint that this particular web-page creator doesn't have a clue <g>

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2004/august/30/13.htm

A computer buyer gets mad, about his or her V2 Premier computer not working right. They want to look up more about the company so they type "Viscom Technologies" in google.com and my complaint is the third down from the top. The person clicks on the spamcop.net link ( which brings more people to spamcop) and their is my complaint with all the information.

Bringing people to spamcop under false pre-tenses does not help spamcop at all, it only makes it look like spamcop is related to this complaint in some way (which it is not).

What is funnier is that when you first posted your Off-topic posting, I searched on V2 Premier and was brought right to the company information, where I could find NO information about buying a computer (which I would have done before purchasing and run away FAST).

Again, this does NOT seem to be related to spam or spamcop in any way. It is abusing JT's server resources for your personal agenda and I am against it.

Again, this does NOT seem to be related to spam or spamcop in any way.  It is abusing JT's server resources for your personal agenda and I am against it.

22926[/snapback]

I second that and suggest to Wazoo to see if he can have all but the original post deleted.

JT has been informed of this new use for the spamcop.net support forums and asked to provide his feedback. I leave it as his decision whether this method is left available for future use. I suggested barring google from indexing this forum if it becomes a prevelent circumstace.

This forum is for discussion of pretty much anything except SpamCop and spam fighting.

You are referencing the old description of the forum before it was expanded recently, the current description is:

This forum is for discussion of pretty much anything that doesn't quite fit the other specific Help Forum categories, to include rants and raves!

Generally, the spamcop.net domain is aimed at spam fighting and other email issues (because of the readily available email administrators). Off-topic conversations are allowed but usually are in the general topic of spam. Bringing people into the forum as a method to get unrelated information to the public is not a good idea, IMHO.

In answer to this last turn of events ... I've kicked a note out to Google ... It is interesting that the web-site of the concerned "company" woudn't rate higher .. but noting one of the current rating schemes for Google output placement is based on the "interest" of the linking/linked sites. Obviously, in this case, the SpamCop link carries more weight than the actual company's advertising spot. Actually interesting from that perspective.

In that light, Google is working 'normally' ... thus it's a bit difficult to come up with a "technical" issue for trying to kill that link .. Killing all but the first post would leave the link in place, "possibly" moving it down the Google ranking page by eliminating the repeated instances of the words "Viscom Technologies" ... but also balanced by the question of just how many folks are putting those words into the "search Google" box .... For example, just "Viscom" brings back a totally different list, and I'm sure you can guess what "Technologies" will get you ... and "V2 Premier Computer" brings up a different listing (although again, SpamCop edged out www.kellysearch.com for the top ranking again, with the actual vendor's site coming in third.)

This forum is for discussion of pretty much anything except SpamCop and spam fighting.

That is interesting .. as an alleged "new" user, where did you come up with that description? ....

Aha! JeffG's welcome post .... not touched (yet)

I'm sure everyone has noticed by now .... I had sent a warning via PM yesterday to this user. JT came through later on, deleted a few postings and closed the Topic. I notified him of the warning note, and pointed out that this user had in fact visited since then but not posted anything else, so was thinking that the situation was handled.

Come in this afternoon and see a new user posting the same garbage post that started this Topic. Deleted all those postings (in almost every Forum section) and deleted that user. Thus began the duelling keyboard problem once again, user creating new accounts and re-posting the same drivel ... me deleting these posts and cancelling the accounts ...

Have to start somewhere, so pointing out that Level3 network security has been contacted in this case.

Archived