forwarded email being held

carlo

I've got a Spamcop e-mail account. Mail that comes in is forwarded from an e-mail address, then is forwarded out to another.

I've noticed the last several days that a lot of legitimate e-mail has been getting sent to my held mail folder, though some is coming through.

I checked out the headers from one:

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (2004-09-13) on blade2.cesmail.net

X-spam-Level:

X-spam-Status: hits=0.3 tests=AWL,FORGED_RCVD_HELO,HTML_50_60,HTML_MESSAGE

version=3.0.0

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.101 64.202.189.4 64.202.166.30

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked bl.spamcop.net

That last IP address in the X-SpamCop-Checked would appear to be the server of my e-mail host, and it's on the Spamcop blacklist.

I'm a bit confused as to where to go from here so my legit e-mail doesn't keep getting held up. Any suggestions?

thanks.

Several options:

1. Wait until the block expires, it should not be long now.

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately zero time.
This may happen again, however.

2. Contact your forwarding account provider (secureserver.net) and make sure they are fixing whatever the problem was that led to the listing. Sometimes these listings are because the server is misdirecting bounces to innocent third parties.

3. Begin to whitelist all your contacts. If this is a closed number of people, eventually you will get all of them whitelisted (took me about 30-60 days).

4. Change your account to tag and forward all the messages and filter on your client end. You will get all your messages, but lots of junk as well. You can use the tag as a start point in your local filtering.

Just a small note: what was provided for data should not be mis-construed as "the headers from an e-mail" .... What was provided would have been better described as "here is some of the data found within the headers ...."

this is happening to me too. ALLLLL of my email is being held now for the last two days. How can I fix this?????

Please help,

Thanks,

Brian

Just a small note:  what was provided for data should not be mis-construed as "the headers from an e-mail" ....  What was provided would have been better  described as "here is some of the data found within the headers ...."

23701[/snapback]

this is happening to me too.  ALLLLL of my email is being held now for the last two days.  How can I fix this?????

"All" e-mail being "Held" is usually indicative of your USP/sever becoming listed. Have you gone through the MailHost Configuration? Have you been reporting yourself, perhaps Quick-Reporting gone bad? Where are some Tracking URLs of something for someone to actually look at something to try to offer help?

I'm a bit confused as to where to go from here so my legit e-mail doesn't keep getting held up. Any suggestions?

If you still have the problem, try not to forward your e-mails to spamcop. Let spamcop POP them from your mailserver.

FORWARDING adds your providers IP to the headers. If this IP is listed everything is blocked.

POP does not add your poviders IP to the headers. But it delays your emails (about 15 min) and gives some extra work for the spamcop servers. (Checking your account for new mails about 4 times an hour).

Lukas

I still hope for spamcop to implement some kind of whitelist to prevent this problem: A list of my providers IPs that should not be the reason for any mail to be held.... (Could probably be the same list like my mailhosts...)

Archived