Folder management -move

:ph34r: Humm it seems once you create a folder, it cannot be moved. Help has no advice on how to do it, dragging it just seems to drag a box with no end result, forums have nothing posted. I searched on [+move +folder*].

Bummer, nobody's tried this before? It should be really easy to manipulate folders like bookmarks in my Netscape browser!

Actually, there's a lot of difference. Moving your bookmarks is simply moving a small bit of data on your hardrive. Playing with Folders on a remote system gets into reserving space, creating all the pointers, moving and linking all the data and permissions, somehow tracking and eventually cleaning up all the residue .....

.. Playing with Folders on a remote system gets into reserving space, creating all the pointers, moving and linking all the data and permissions,.....

26373[/snapback]

So this means we cannot move folders in the inbox? If so, what is the little outline box that is formed when you try to drag one? Go ahead and try it, anyone. You'll see it. :unsure:

So this means we cannot move folders in the inbox? If so, what is the little outline box that is formed when you try to drag one?  Go ahead and try it, anyone.  You'll see it.  :unsure:

26374[/snapback]

Using IE6SP1 on WinXP, I get the international NO symbol (circle with a line through it) if I try to drag a folder. That would indicate to me it can not be done.

At first I was tinking there was not much you could do anyway because I did not realize you could create sub-folders and the folders under Inbox are automatically sorted alphabetically.

BTW I am using Netscape 7.1 Mac version. <_< So am probably not getting the same thing windows users do as someone replied:

Using IE6SP1 on WinXP, I get the international NO symbol

Archived