Email too long

plk

I've submitted a spam email but was told it was too long and suggested I trim the data. What data can I trim? How do I determine what is essential that I leave in and what could be deleted in order to make the email shorter?

You don't say "how" you submit your spam .. my experience with the paste-your-spam-in-the-box web-form is that the parser will truncate the spam back down to the 50k limit. then march on with parsing what it can. Most (of my) spam that falls into this size issue usually contains a number of graphic images. The parser doesn't look inside, try to decode the contents of, or even mess with graphic images ...???

Submitting by e-mail (multiple submissions) also runs into the 50k per spam, 100k per e-mail is that's where you're headed ..??

The email I'm trying to report came to my Hotmail account and is 2KB in size. I've had the parser truncate the spam before but won't do it this time. I'm not very computer literate so I'm feeling a little lost in dealing with this. Any ideas on how I can reduce the size on my own without eliminating some information that SpamCop needs?

The email I'm trying to report came to my Hotmail account and is 2KB in size.  I've had the parser truncate the spam before but won't do it this time.  I'm not very computer literate so I'm feeling a little lost in dealing with this.  Any ideas on how I can reduce the size on my own without eliminating some information that SpamCop needs?

28250[/snapback]

Again, you don't say "how" you submit your spam.

Are you using the paste box from www.spamcop.net, are you submitting it via email, or do you have a spamcop email account it is being forwarded into?

Again, you don't say "how" you submit your spam.

Are you using the paste box from www.spamcop.net, are you submitting it via email, or do you have a spamcop email account it is being forwarded into?

28252[/snapback]

Sorry I didn't specify how I'm submitting the spam. I am using the paste box in SpamCop.

Sorry I didn't specify how I'm submitting the spam.  I am using the paste box in SpamCop.

28255[/snapback]

...Does the spam content include oriental characters? Back when I submitted using the form, I used to have to remove such characters to avoid the problem you describe.

Archived