Whitelist problem/question/enhancement

I always assumed that replies to spamcop reports sent to number[at]reports.spamcop.net would automatically pass through to the reporting address without being checked by the blocklists. Today I noticed a message in my Held Mail folder I almost reported because of this.

I don't see a way to whitelist these except individually as they come in (because I don't know where they will be coming from).

Is it possible to modify the system so these do not get filtered, especially since they will hit the reports.spamcop.net server first? Possibly adding an X-spam- header and allowing us to whitelist on it. Or whitelisting/blacklisting on the recipient names as has been requested previously in the newsgroups.

To: "Steven P. Underwood" <705783134[at]reports.spamcop.net>
Subject: Re:Speed up your Internet!;
X-LOOP: abovenetabuse
X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on blade1
X-spam-Level: 
X-spam-Status: hits=-91.1 tests=BigEvilList_29,CLICK_BELOW,EMAIL_ROT13,
	HTML_FONTCOLOR_BLUE,HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE,HTML_LINK_CLICK_HERE,
	HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TAG_BALANCE_BODY,HTML_TAG_BALANCE_HTML,NO_REAL_NAME,
	USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO version=2.63
X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.101 206.14.107.113 192.168.11.202 64.124.216.37 
X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked l1.spews.dnsbl.sorbs.net

sounds good, but wasn't there a recent spate of incoming stuff using (what turned out to be bogus) report ID's that a number of folks were complaiing about?

You can always blacklist "reports.spamcop.net" without quotes. :)

I'm thinking that the filters provided are a bit more powerful than just tagging the From: address ... but again, I admit to not having specific knowledge... I'd hate to believe that OE filters could possibly be more powerful than what's offered by JT's setup. <g>

I can't use the filters because I do not use Webmail as my primary email app. If I did, I would need to remember to run the filter everytime I was in Held Mail.

I can't run the filters on login because I have some other filters that I only want run interactively.

I am talking about the personal whitelist capabilities of IMP.

Back to filtering, however, can I force a filter to run on only a specific folder (held mail in this case)?

P.S. To answer my own question, it appears that the filters only run on the current folder, at least when run manually

Archived