[Resolved] Yahoo! Mail

bksansoo

I understand (that is according to the Yahoo site) that unless I have Yahoo! Mail Plus that I cannot filter my Yahoo! Mail (from which I get most of my mail, including spam) thru Spamcop. But does anyone out there have a way of getting around this (other than stop using Yahoo!Mail)?

Thanks in advance.

I see nothing in this post dealing with the set-up of a SpamCop filtered e-mail account.  The FAQ entry http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/305.html states that Yahoo can be popped, so ... moving this to the Lounge for now ...

31008[/snapback]

However, if you do have a spamcop flat-rate email account, you can use the popgate function described in this post: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13

StevenUnderwood is right - this feature of the SpamCop Email System has been working for me for the past 18 months (since I last touched that Topic).

'However, if you do have a spamcop flat-rate email account, you can use the popgate function described in this post: '

Hmmm, I paid for a year ($30) does that give me the "flat-rate email account"? (Excuse my ignorance on this!) If so, when I'm in that screen and enter the pop server that you describe, and my yahoo address (including the [at]yahoo.com) and my password, it shows an error count of 1 and that the server could not be contacted. What am I doing wrong? B)

thanks in advance for your help!

'However, if you do have a spamcop flat-rate email account, you can use the popgate function described in this post: '

Hmmm,  I paid for a year ($30) does that give me the "flat-rate email account"? (Excuse my ignorance on this!)

31035[/snapback]

Yes, it does.
If so, when I'm in that screen and enter the pop server that you describe, and my yahoo address (including the [at]yahoo.com) and my password, it shows an error count of 1 and that the server could not be contacted.  What am I doing wrong? B)

thanks in advance for your help!

31035[/snapback]

An Error Count of 1 or even 2 is nothing to be concerned about. My similar configuration (POP Server popgate.cesmail.net, Username yahoomemberid[at]yahoo.com, and Password yahoopassword) was showing an Error Count of 1, but is not showing any error at present.

Archived