Hiding addresses from Spamcop?

snaller

Again I come across a spam with an address in it which Spamcop can't resolve, but which resolves well enough for me.

In this case it's http://caper.moregold.info (you can always use http://megaproxy.com to have a look ;) )

As I recall, it was written somewhere in a FAQ that one could try and refresh over and over and it might work. Well it hasn't so far.

So for your enlightenment caper.moregold.info resolves to 221.7.209.79

Moved from the "How to use ... SpamCop Forum" section .... not even sure of the purpose of the post actually, but surely has nothing to do with "the use of the SpamCop Forum" .... User PM'd yet again on the misappropriate posting.

Moved from the "How to use ... SpamCop Forum" section .... not even sure of the purpose of the post actually,

The purpose of the post was to inform spamcop that their system wasn't working, and so that someone might add the address to a local host file.

....  but surely has nothing to do with "the use of the SpamCop Forum" .... User PM'd yet again on the misappropriate posting.

I think you need to work on your sentence construction here; when you write "pm'ed yet again" it sounds like you have pm'ed me before about posting "in the wrong group" and I don't believe you have. I remember you have complained about it in a forum before, but as i said then, and repeat now - from reading the descriptions of the forums I have no idea where it fits best.

I remember you have complained about it in a forum before, but as i said then, and repeat now - from reading the descriptions of the forums I have no idea where it fits best.

31415[/snapback]

SpamCop Reporting Help

A forum to help users with the SpamCop Reporting System. Questions about SpamCop Email Accounts should be directed to the appropriate forum, not this one.

Maybe you do not understand that you are having problems with the reporting system? This description seems pretty clear to me.

SpamCop Lounge

This forum is for discussion of pretty much anything that doesn't quite fit the other specific Help Forum categories, to include rants and raves!

This is also a logical place to start any discussion which can then be moved to the appropriate forum.

Geek/Tech Things

A Forum for those things that just plain go wrong or don't work as advertised. Though one should probably go to the source, maybe while you're here, you'll connect with another poor soul that saw the light after performing the head-against-the-wall ritual?

And I can even see you starting the thread in this forum.

How to use ....
This seems pretty clear to me without any additional definitions. You were not helping anybody learn "How to use ...." any part of the system.

Archived