is spamcop down?

I keep getting this when I try to report spam.

copy;

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Tried two browsers, same thing. 

It's 12:20 am EST right now, on a mac 10.13.6  firefox.... (tried opera too)

Guess the spammers get away with it tonight.   Well lately (99% of it comes from google and now that goes to some devnull thing.) 

1 hour ago, petzl said:

Try to include a SpamCop Tracking URL (at top of page before you submit)

when someone gets that sort of error, they won't get a tracking URL.

that error happens before the spam gets parsed.

@ArtmakersWorlds an hour later, here on Central Time, the reporting works for me without error.

it also could be that the spammers have figured out a way to break the system (although I highly doubt that)

3 hours ago, RobiBue said:
5 hours ago, petzl said:

Try to include a SpamCop Tracking URL (at top of page before you submit)

In that case I attack the web address might start doing this on spam sites that get here
Click bait gave me this address so seeing what happens.
Just asked to reset passwords
Hello,
Thank you for submitting your abuse report.
We will investigate the source of the activity or content you reported to determine the originating AWS resource(s) and customer responsible.
We may reach out to you during our investigation if we require additional information.
Please note that if we determine this to not be abusive, we will notify you and resolve the case. If you wish to provide us with additional information regarding the case, please feel free to reply directly to this email.
Thank you for alerting us to this issue.
Regards,
AWS Trust & Safety
Amazon Web Services, LLC
Case number: 50925903031
Your original report:
https://www.actravel.online/?c=actb&subid=16343704221719769431176718353905321&cid=3744087-1013671801-0
www.actravel.online
3.220.57.224 abuseXamazonawsXcom
52.20.78.240 abuseXamazonawsXcom
3.232.242.170 abuseXamazonawsXcom
54.91.59.199 abuseXamazonawsXcom
>

5 hours ago, RobiBue said:

The browser URL for the page that gives you the tracking URL is the same as the tracking URL.  If you submit by email, the tracking URL is used in the email.

1 hour ago, gnarlymarley said:

The browser URL for the page that gives you the tracking URL is the same as the tracking URL.  If you submit by email, the tracking URL is used in the email.

(although I can't confirm it, many times an error like that appears, the URL actually points to the error and not the tracking URL will keep my eyes peeled though)

It's working now,  most of yesterdays spam is too old but ONE made it.... and as usual,  GOOGLE and devnull which means it goes nowhere right?

I don't know why I bother anymore.

THESE are useless.

abuse#sendgrid.com@devnull.spamcop.net

google-cloud-compliance@google.com

17 minutes ago, Lking said:

Even though spam reports are not sent, your reports do feed the SCBL

I am curious, is there a way to "re-send" a report?

What I mean, when an error like that happens, I don't receive a report which I usually send to my own email for "safekeeping/bookkeeping" to confirm that the spam was reported.

That would enable me to avoid double reporting on such occasions...

2 hours ago, RobiBue said:

I am curious, is there a way to "re-send" a report?

What I mean, when an error like that happens, I don't receive a report which I usually send to my own email for "safekeeping/bookkeeping" to confirm that the spam was reported.

I would not thank so. It is not an error to send reports to devnull. Re-sending reports would open SC to having a single spam reported to the sender's ISP  and the SCBL several times, distorting the data base, making all reports then questionable.

5 hours ago, Lking said:

I would not thank so. It is not an error to send reports to devnull. Re-sending reports would open SC to having a single spam reported to the sender's ISP  and the SCBL several times, distorting the data base, making all reports then questionable.

I understand that...

I guess I wasn't clear: instead of me re-submitting the report (since it would be the same spam "reported twice") there should be an option to re-send the emails from the original report. the ones that were never sent in the first place...

That's what I meant with "re-sending the report" as opposed to "re-submitting the report"

1 hour ago, RobiBue said:

I guess I wasn't clear: instead of me re-submitting the report (since it would be the same spam "reported twice") there should be an option to re-send the emails from the original report. the ones that were never sent in the first place...

Why? Do you mean to re-send reports that were devnulled? There are several reasons not to send reports, file them under devnull among them:

• Passed reports have bounced. (the last 6 reports send bounced - think)
  • The ISP has ask SC not to send spam reports. -- SC does not want to add to the clutter of unwanted email. Why use the bandwidth to send emails not wanted that is going in the bit bucket anyway?
  • It is known, reason to suspect, that the ISP will give the report to the spammer.

Or do I still not understand what you meant?

sorry, I don't seem to be making myself clear.

I'm not talking about the devnull reports, I am talking about reports that because of either

Can't send report: smtpEnvelope ...

or OP's

errors (assuming that if I check with [Past Reports] tab and the report was processed, but emails to me and the abuse depts of non-devnulled isps) were not sent — I can tell reports were not sent because I didn't receive mine — could be retried to send to a later time or manually triggered to re-send...

edit 2021.10.18-04:50:00 CDT:

I'm talking about reports like these: https://forum.spamcop.net/topic/46809-server-issue/?do=findComment&comment=158695

btw, I had just an "awesome" experience with cloudflare who replied to me with an automated message, but when I checked the link I reported about, I saw that they had manually edited the page in question (or replaced it) with the following message:

<p>This link has been flagged as phishing. Phishing is an attempt to acquire personal information such as passwords and credit card details by pretending to be a trustworthy source.</p>
<p><strong>If you're a visitor of this website</strong><br />
            The website owner has been notified and is in the process of resolving the issue. For now, it is recommended that you do not continue to the link that has been flagged.</p>
<p><strong>If you're the owner of this website</strong><br />
            Please log in to cloudflare.com to review your flagged website. If you have questions about why this was flagged as phishing please contact the Trust &amp; Safety team for more information.</p>

yay! 🎆 (fireworks)

Edited by RobiBue
added additional remark (link to forum post)

On 10/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, ArtmakersWorlds said:

It's working now,

So, was it just waiting that fixed it?  I don't like intermittent errors.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, ArtmakersWorlds said:

Sounds like this was an error while trying to load the report where you were not able to see the send button.