What now? New Account

I just purchased a $15 normal account but I was never given the option to setup my account with a password or user name. I received a receipt from paypal that I paid but now how do I configure my account?

Thank you

Rob Owen

therob[at]REMOVETHISTOREPLYmac.com

"Normal account" ...????? Based on the dollar value, one might assume that you "added fuel" to your existing account .... normally, one sgns up for a 'free' account, checks things out, then follows the "upgrade your account" or "add fuel to your account" links. What "changes" after that is that when you log into your "www.spamcop.net" web page, you'll see the "You have xxx MBytes of Fuel remaining" message.

Again, this is how things "normally" work. That you start with buying 'something' and then asking about account data is confusing to me.

e-mail sent to Don to see if your e-mail address exists from his side of the house.

"Normal account" ...?????  Based on the dollar value, one might assume that you "added fuel" to your existing account .... normally, one sgns up for a 'free' account, checks things out, then follows the "upgrade your account" or "add fuel to your account" links.  What "changes" after that is that when you log into your "www.spamcop.net" web page, you'll see the "You have xxx MBytes of Fuel remaining" message.

Again, this is how things "normally" work.  That you start with buying 'something' and then asking about account data is confusing to me.

31688[/snapback]

I had a free reporting account and thought that "adding fuel" was Spamcop's way of paying for the email account. What did I pay for?

Rob

"Adding fuel" is setting up for a Reporting-only type account, charges made by the amount of spam processed. A flat-rate filtered e-mail account is something quite different, handled by signing up/paying for a flat-rate filtered e-mail account, which actually includes free reporting. Even worse, the money is handled by different folks.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=home is one place that shows clearly the separate accounts/actions to sign up for one or the other type of account.

Handled by email...

I just purchased a $15 normal account but I was never given the option to setup my account with a password or user name. I received a receipt from paypal that I paid but now how do I configure my account?

You just paid for a "Reporting Only" membership.

If what you're after is a SpamCop Email Filtering Account, that comes with a SpamCop email address and free spam reporting, you need to go here and sign up.

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/289.html

http://mail.spamcop.net/account_new.php

I assume you'll want a refund for the $15 you just paid us. Just send me a copy of your PayPal receipt and I'll get the ball rolling.

The SpamCop Email Service and SpamCop Reporting are owned by two completely different companies. I can't transfer your $15 to them. You have to pay them separately.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service at admin.spamcop.net

http://www.spamcop.net/

Also I had an account but let it expire. When I try signing up with the same account info, I get an error that that email address it in use. Is there anyway that that is my same account and can I update it?

31701[/snapback]

This sounds like a SpamCop Email System Account. If it is (you can tell by the associated email address including spamcop.net, cesmail.net, or cqmail.net, and the use of mailsc.spamcop.net and webmail.spamcop.net, possibly along with pop.spamcop.net, imap.spamcop.net, and mail.spamcop.net), then you should email JT via support<at>spamcop.net, preferably including a receipt for previous access.

Archived