more spams, not less

Nuddy

It seems like it is not a good idea to use spamcop - when I do, shortly afterwards, and for ever it would seem, I get at least three times of this sort of spam as before !!!

Edited by Nuddy
mistake

On 6/15/2022 at 3:55 AM, Nuddy said:

It seems like it is not a good idea to use spamcop - when I do, shortly afterwards, and for ever it would seem, I get at least three times of this sort of spam as before !!!

In my experience, SC works.

There are of course some exploits s[cp]ammers do although it always depends on the hosting company if those exploits get shut down or if they prefer the dirty money flowing in... .

15 hours ago, RobiBue said:

In my experience, SC works.

There are of course some exploits s[cp]ammers do although it always depends on the hosting company if those exploits get shut down or if they prefer the dirty money flowing in... .

Yes SC works but try to be better the SpamCop the BOT.
Once your email name is on a spam list it gets sold to others, hence after first spam the attack on your email goes up.
Attack is your best defense!

On 6/15/2022 at 2:55 AM, Nuddy said:

it is not a good idea to use spamcop - when I do, shortly afterwards, and for ever it would seem, I get at least three times

I had been getting the spam increase with my reports a few years back.  Then I managed to report faster and the s[cp]ammers backed off.

• 2 weeks later...