[Resolved] SpamCop Down

SpamCopAdmin

Hello,

I have some problems accesing my spamcop account.

Seems to be my account deleted.

When i try to make a password reset , i get this message:

No user found for input: info[at]graphicox.com

Days before i make a reset on my password , and this is the email:

Someone (probably you) has requested that SpamCop email you a password.

Do not share your password with anyone. If you forget your password, you may have it emailed to you. Please ensure you keep your email address current.

Passwords are cAse sENsiTive and may contain lookalike digits such as, "one" and "ell" or "Oh" and "zero." Our system will allow you to paste in your password if your browser will. After you log in, you can use the "Preferences" link at the left side of the page to change your password.

username: info[at]graphicox.com

password: XXXXXX

Cookie log-in:

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=loginform;returnurl=%2F

HTTP authentication (no cookies requried):

http://members.spamcop.net/

If you have questions or problems, please visit:

http://www.spamcop.net/help.shtml

Thanks for helping rid the internet of spam!

===========

Please tell me what i can do to to start using my account

SpamCop has been down for almost an hour as of this post: I cannot report spam, SC doesn't find my login, and according to statistics http://alpha.cesmail.net/graphics/spamstats.gif no spam has been processed since approx. 15h EDT (19h UTC)

Uh-huh. I had guessed that much (my post was mainly so that other people should know they're not alone). Any idea what got broke or when SC will be up again? Don't answer if the answer is "no". I can still watch the stats histogram to see if it's still down.

Uh-huh. I had guessed that much (my post was mainly so that other people should know they're not alone). Any idea what got broke or when SC will be up again? Don't answer if the answer is "no". I can still watch the stats histogram to see if it's still down.

32732[/snapback]

I picked this up at another thread:

Subject: system down  15:25:00 -0400

Newsgroups: spamcop,spamcop.geeks,spamcop.help,spamcop.mail

Followup-To: spamcop

The system is down -- we have ops looking at it. No ETA yet. Please

propagate as needed.

Ellen

SpamCop

:(

Also found this message, when attempting to use a link in Spamcop email to report spam:

> Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, that member does not have to validate their account. Please double check the data you entered. If this validation isn't recent, it's possible your old account has been removed.

Since I've been using Spamcop regularily, and the mail with the link was brand new, (and considering that I had to register what I thought was a long standing account to post this), it appears that there may be a problem with the registered member data base, or linkage of the DB to the reporting system.

Merged a bunch of separate Topics & replies into a single Topic .. seeing all those 'new' topics were all about the same issue.

32742[/snapback]

...Good move, thanks! Only problem was that I had added an identical post, announcing that SpamCop was back, to each of the old topics -- and all of them wound up in the new, merged topic! :( <frown> I deleted the dups. :) <g>

...Good move, thanks!  Only problem was that I had added an identical post, announcing that SpamCop was back, to each of the old topics -- and all of them wound up in the new, merged topic! :( <frown>  I deleted the dups. :) <g>

32743[/snapback]

Actually, just deleted a couple more (pointing to the Announcements note) <g> Yep, you were busy there for a bit <g>

The login information for this forum is completely separate from any login for the reporting or email system.

32751[/snapback]

Yet another one of those little issues that doesn't seem to fit in any 'one' spot ....

FYI, it looks like the system is still having issues this morning... I'm able to MANUALLY report spam, but the SpamDeputy plugin doesn't work... *shrug* I can still use it to get the source of the email and report each spam individually. It's not as efficient as using the SD plugin, but it works. :-/

FYI, it looks like the system is still having issues this morning... I'm able to MANUALLY report spam, but the SpamDeputy plugin doesn't work...

<snip>

32790[/snapback]

...Sounds like a whole different, unrelated problem. The symptom yesterday was that www.spamcop.net (and related web sites) did not work at all, so no one could enter manual reports or complete reports on spam submitted via e-mail.

...I have not had any problems today in reporting via e-mail or with the web site.

...Sounds like a whole different, unrelated problem.  The symptom yesterday was that www.spamcop.net (and related web sites) did not work at all, so no one could enter manual reports or complete reports on spam submitted via e-mail.

...I have not had any problems today in reporting via e-mail or with the web site.

32793[/snapback]

Could very well be the case. I sent a PM to Wazoo that SpamDeputy is no longer working to submit spam via mailsc.spamcop.net. However, yesterday when it came back up, I was able to briefly use SpamDeputy to report directly from Outlook. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the different websites? Dunno.

As I said in my PM to Wazoo, as long as I can use SD to get the source of the email, and then paste that into the website, that's acceptable...not optimal, just acceptable.

Edit: I have logged in via IE to http://www.spamcop.net and set a cookie good for 1 year. I'll have to make sure that I don't squish that cookie, of course. I tested it out on a spam I had in my "spam" folder. I was able to use SpamDeputy again.

Archived