mail returned undelivered but ip address not liste

johnners

Hello

I've just had an e-mail returned undelivered by somone using the spamcop system. I've checked the spamcop website and my IP address does not seem to be listed. Hence i cannot understand why the e-mail was rejected. My server IP address is 207.44.242.62

Please could someone help explain why this would happen. Text from the returned message below

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The SMTP Server program

<diann[at]communitytransport.com>: host

mail.communitytransport.com[217.149.100.58] said: 550 Rule imposed as

andy[at]re-fresher.co.uk is blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net) (in

reply to RCPT TO command)

<liz[at]communitytransport.com>: host mail.communitytransport.com[217.149.100.58]

said: 550 Rule imposed as andy[at]re-fresher.co.uk is blacklisted on SpamCop

(see www.spamcop.net) (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Many thanks in advance

johnners

First of all, had there been any "reports" made against spam from that address, it would have gone to;

Parsing input: andy[at]re-fresher.co.uk

207.44.242.62 is an mx ( 0 ) for re-fresher.co.uk

host 207.44.242.62 = saturn.dataflame.net (cached)

207.44.242.62 is an mx ( 0 ) for re-fresher.co.uk

Routing details for 207.44.242.62

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 207.44.242.62 : abuse[at]ev1.net

Using abuse net on abuse[at]ev1.net

abuse net ev1.net = abuse[at]ev1.net

Using best contacts abuse[at]ev1.net

Statistics:

207.44.242.62 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

But the real problem seen is that the "error" message is totally wrong. The SpamCopDNSBL does not use e-mail addresses or even Domains as listing data. It sounds like you'd need to contact this receiving ISP and ask then to fix (a number o things .. or justify the listing ...??

<diann[at]communitytransport.com>: host

mail.communitytransport.com[217.149.100.58] said: 550 Rule imposed as

andy[at]re-fresher.co.uk is blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net) (in

reply to RCPT TO command)

<liz[at]communitytransport.com>: host mail.communitytransport.com[217.149.100.58]

said: 550 Rule imposed as andy[at]re-fresher.co.uk is blacklisted on SpamCop

(see www.spamcop.net) (in reply to RCPT TO command)[/color]

34484[/snapback]

That error message seems to be saying that your email address is blacklisted which would not be a function that spamcop would handle since it only lists IP addresses. It would appear that the error message you are seeing is programmed incorrectly to point to spamcop.

You are correct that the address you provided is not listed and as far as I can tell has never had any reports against it.

You will probably need to contact that site another way (phone, alternate email account, etc.) and discuss this with them. Also, have them fix the error message they are reporting out

207.44.242.62 (named saturn.dataflame.net) is not currently listed in bl.spamcop.net. However, 207.44.242.62 "was found in 3 lists (of 256 tested)" including block.blars.org per dr. jørgen mash's DNS database list checker drbcheck at http://moensted.dk/spam/, and SenderBase is showing the following:

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude  Vol Change vs. Average

Last day  2.5  -100%

Last 30 days  3.2  -60%

Average  3.6 

This indicates that any problems were over 24 hours ago, and that the traffic from that server has dropped by an order of magnitude. SpamCop has no recent report history for that server. The info at http://groups.google.com/group/uk.sport.fo...yLrU5mXPv3TLsuA appears to be irrelevant.

Archived