MSN.COM problem?

StevenUnderwood

Do we have anyone here with an active msn.com address that someone would be willing to accept a test message for me?

My Notes logs are showing the following for as far back as the logs go:

10/14/2005 10:57:27 AM Router: No messages transferred to MSN.COM (host MSN.COM) via SMTP: Server not responding

10/14/2005 10:57:32 AM Router: Failed to connect to SMTP host MSN.COM because Server not responding

10/21/2005 10:56:06 AM Router: No messages transferred to MSN.COM (host MSN.COM) via SMTP: The remote server is not a known TCP/IP host.

10/21/2005 10:56:08 AM Router: Failed to connect to SMTP host MSN.COM because The remote server is not a known TCP/IP host.

however, when I do a MX lookup on msn.com, I get the followng:

msn.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx4.hotmail.com

msn.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx1.hotmail.com

msn.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx2.hotmail.com

msn.com MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mx3.hotmail.com

If Notes were trying to contact that host, however, it would have said so in the logs as:

10/21/2005 10:56:06 AM Router: No messages transferred to MSN.COM (host mx4.hotmail.com) via SMTP:

Notes does sometimes refuse to lookup an address it has already tried but I can find no references to a successful connection to MSN in the last week but lots of logs to search for so I might have missed them. If I had a specific address to search for, it would be much easier.

Yes, it's probably unrelated. My SpamCop Email System Account is currently configured to POP (via popgate) from six MSN Hotmail accounts (one of which is set to "Leave on Server"). It used to POP (via popgate) from my MSN account, but that account wasn't spammy enough to warrant the slot usage, so I switched that slot to another (spammier) account.

Thanks ... definitely a failure mode on my part ... started witht he newsgroup query that led the SpamCop FAQ entry here on "How many accounts do I need" ... I recall asking upstream if there was a hard limit on accessing outside accouts, never got an answer, so could only use wjat I had seen in the "official" FAQ at http://mail.spamcop.net/setup/setup_pop.php which only says "This form has lines to insert several POP servers," .... seeing your "six" reminded me of the no response and the generality .... shame on me for not looking deeper into the FAQ "we" put together ... thanks again ...

My formula for most of my MSN Hotmail Entries is as follows:

POP Server: popgate.cesmail.net

Username: MSN Hotmail Username[at]hotmail.com (your MSN Hotmail email address)

Password: MSN Hotmail Password

Leave on Server: Unchecked (my personal preference for most Entries)

Use SSL: Unchecked

Archived