MailHosts for Go Daddy

Should MailHosts for Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com be reflected as "Go Daddy", "GoDaddy", "GoDaddy.com", "Go Daddy Software", or "Go Daddy Software, Inc." rather than the initial Reporter's name?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should MailHosts for Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com be reflected as "Go Daddy", "GoDaddy", "GoDaddy.com", "Go Daddy Software", or "Go Daddy Software, Inc." rather than the initial Reporter's name?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Abstain
    • Other

The first Reporter that added a MailHost for that Reporter's email account "cyberthorn.net" with Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com named that MailHost "cyberthorn.net". This is affecting my reporting, as my email accounts with Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com have their MailHosts named "cyberthorn.net". I suggest that the name of MailHosts for Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com be reflected as "Go Daddy", "GoDaddy", "GoDaddy.com", "Go Daddy Software", or "Go Daddy Software, Inc." Please vote above. Replies welcome. Thanks!

The first Reporter that added a MailHost for that Reporter's email account "cyberthorn.net" with Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com named that MailHost "cyberthorn.net".  This is affecting my reporting, as my email accounts with Go Daddy's GoDaddy.com have their MailHosts named "cyberthorn.net".

<snip>

35267[/snapback]

...Can you please explain to those of me (not a typo :) <g>) to whom it is not immediately apparent how this affects your reporting? I didn't think that the name of the MailHosts config had anything to do with how the parser did its thing.

I don't want to keep having to ask myself 'WTF is "cyberthorn.net"?', nor do I want the dozens of others in my situation to have to ask themselves the same thing.

I don't want to keep having to ask myself 'WTF is "cyberthorn.net"?',

<snip>

35273[/snapback]

...Okay, I "grok" that, but I'm still wondering what you meant by, "This is affecting my reporting...." I have never referred to my MailHosts configuration once I established it and certainly not in the course of my reporting.

Put another way, it's slowing me down in my reporting as I try to make sense of the technical details.

35277[/snapback]

...Ah, okay, there must be some linkage between the MailHosts config and Reporting technical details that doesn't affect me (or I'm just not noticing it). Thanks for the explanation (and the patience)!

I'm thinking yes, but as I'm not affected and don't see this behavior, it's hard for me to say.

35279[/snapback]

When mailhosts is used, the parser names the mailhost used in the technical details (unless you are using mailgate, then it uses spamcop but that is another story). If I recall, without mailhost, it uses the IP or fqdn.

I'll ask .. has this gone up to Ellen/Deputies to see if it's an agreeable database change? I know she's done this in the past .... I'm thinking of some oddity even documented somewhere in 'here' ... had something to do with a HotMail server that wasn't a HotMail IP .. or something like that ..???

When mailhosts is used, the parser names the mailhost used in the technical details (unless you are using mailgate, then it uses spamcop but that is another story).  If I recall, without mailhost, it uses the IP or fqdn.

35286[/snapback]

Thanks for trying to explain that to me. I just realized that this tread is in the Mailhost forum. (I use the View new posts button way too much and forget where I am) I don't use the Mailhost system. :)

Archived