Problem with user reports

mrmaxx

I'm not sure if this is a SpamCop issue or a SpamDeputy issue (I'm leaning towards a SpamCOP issue since I've been using SD for awhile and it just started happening today.) Anyway, the problem is that the "user-defined reports" are defaulting to "checked" despite my preferences that they default to "UN-checked." If I'd wanted them to deafult to "selected" then I would have set my preferences that way!

Also, it appears that SC is running slowly today. Typically, unless I'm submitting more than 3 or 4 spam messages at once, SC usually is already parsing them by the time I get the SD reporting window maximized. Today, it's taking 30 seconds to a minute for SC to start parsing the email. Wondering what's going on with these two issues?

It just seems like SpamCop is flaking out on us today!

The SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service appears to be almost twice as busy as normal, recovering from about 20 minutes of unscheduled downtime.

35321[/snapback]

Ahhh.. I didn't know about the unscheduled downtime. Makes sense... Thanks

I jsut noticed today that when I go to report a message, that all my User Defined Recipients are checked and I have to un-check the ones I don't want prior to sending.

Is this a cookie error on my comp or something new I'm not aware of?

B

any idea the problem or a solution?

35452[/snapback]

Simply put, the problem is the new code, which has new defaults, and the solution is to change back to the old defaults.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard any more about whether this issue is going to be addressed, and if so, when????

36054[/snapback]

And any previous experiences with "future programming changes to occur in the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting system" would be documented exactly where? Historically, profram code changes and the results are the "documentation" ... problems disappear, things change, something bad happens .... but someone making a clear post on what exactly got modified and on what schedule ...??? Note Don's last notification of a program code change that confused so many people, in that there is eventually a reference to the post/e-mail I sent upstrean on that issue ... maybe factor that into a timeline?

And any previous experiences with "future programming changes to occur in the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting system" would be documented exactly where?  Historically, profram code changes and the results are the "documentation" ... problems disappear, things change, something bad happens .... but someone making a clear post on what exactly got modified and on what schedule ...??? Note Don's last notification of a program code change that confused so many people, in that there is eventually a reference to the post/e-mail I sent upstrean on that issue ... maybe factor that into a timeline?

36063[/snapback]

Yeah... I was hoping that the problem would just "magically" clear up, but so far it hasn't... I don't want to be an annoying pest, but I wonder if maybe a couple times a month someone should send a note "upstream" to Don D'Minion and "refresh" the attention of The Powers That Be to the problem... Squeaky Wheel and all that... kinda why I was "bumping" this thread. :)

I dunno... I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the intent wasn't to convince people not to have stored user-specified reports. That's about what it's going to come down to, I think, if they don't fix this in a reasonable time frame (next few weeks.) I don't want to be reporting drug spam to the Treasury Department or Mortgage spam to the FDA, and that's what's going to end up happening, IMNSHO, the longer this problem goes unresolved.

...Yep, we feel your pain. I like your idea of sending a periodic reminder upstream but I feel it best to leave that to those more clued in to TPTB than I. Other than that, the phrase "preaching to the choir" comes to mind. :) <g>

...Yep, we feel your pain. I like your idea of sending a periodic reminder upstream but I feel it best to leave that to those more clued in to TPTB than I. Other than that, the phrase "preaching to the choir" comes to mind. :) <g>

36096[/snapback]

Yeah... that was kinda my thought when I 'bumped' this thread... I thought maybe someone more clueful with TPTB might feel the need to send a reminder upstream... ;)

Archived