mail server hanging?

swar

Hi,

Since 3-4 days, the POP server (pop.spamcop.net) is extremely slow, so I often get a timeout within my mail client. Other mail accounts at other hosts work perfectly.

I have the same problem when I try to access the mail through the WebMail screen; this takes ages to appear and often ends in timeout.

Could you check what's going on?

Thanks.

Mariano

swar [at] spamcop dot net

That would be surprising; my inbox is empty (my email client does not leave messages on server).

35421[/snapback]

Note that the referenced FAQ entry deals with much more than "just" the InBox (which is the only folder checked via POP3)

Ok, but I tried checking other folders in the web mail, and didn't see that many mails. I tried deleting those that were there though, but each action is taking ages. Could you have a look at that and possibly clear anything that's not in the inbox?

Once the response times are acceptable, I'll follow your instructions to avoid this to happen again. I am only using the account for POP mail, so was quite surprised that it would keep any messages after pooling.

Thanks.

Mariano

swar [at] spamcop dot net

Ok, but I tried checking other folders in the web mail, and didn't see that many mails. I tried deleting those that were there though, but each action is taking ages. Could you have a look at that and possibly clear anything that's not in the inbox?

35429[/snapback]

To expedite that request, please repeat it via email to support[at]spamcop.net. Thanks!

Archived