Hat Check

mrmaxx

What is the hat color of Affinity Internet? I've got some spam that I keep getting with a site hosted by an Affinity reseller (Skynetweb) spamvertised in the UCE. If I notify Affinity that Skynetweb isn't doing anything, do you think THEY would likely shut down the spammer, or are they black-hat?

:google: is your friend!

...Have fun! :) <g>

35668[/snapback]

Thanks. I did :google: them, but I guess I didn't put in the correct keywords. :) thanks. I think. *sigh* Guess I shouldn't expect Skynetweb to kick off "www,softwarelabs,com" anytime in the forseeable future! :( (URL deliberately munged!)

Would you care to share a Tracking URL implicating www,softwarelabs,com?

35671[/snapback]

Hmm... I'll have to go back and see... Ok. Got this off my "past reports":

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gettrac...rtid=1550629833

I can even post the spam in question, if you'd like. I've still got it in my "spam" folder. Then again, I just looked at it and you can see it for yourself in the report.

Hmm... I'll have to go back and see... Ok. Got this off my "past reports":

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gettrac...rtid=1550629833

I can even post the spam in question, if you'd like. I've still got it in my "spam" folder. Then again, I just looked at it and you can see it for yourself in the report.

35683[/snapback]

Please see the FAQ on how to get a Tracking URL from a Report-ID .... providing the Tracking URL would make the (unwanted) posting of the spam "here" unnecessary.

Please see the FAQ on how to get a Tracking URL from a Report-ID .... porviding the Tracking URL would make the (unwanted) posting of the spam "here" unnecessary.

35684[/snapback]

'K... how about this: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z824560422z98...e2d3f35d92b032z OTOH, this doesn't show the "spamvertised" URL in there anywhere. I had to manually report the spamvertised URL because for some reason (M$ LookOut / Exchange?) SC doesn't seem to pick up about 90% of the URLs in the emails I receive, and of those it DOES find, it can't seem to resolve about 75% of them. Fortunately I have access to a linux shell account and can do a "host" and then "whois" on that IP to get the ISP to whom the reports should go...

Seriously that spam that I'm referring to above had LOTS of spamvertised URLs for www,softwarelabs,com. Heck, I'll copy and paste it into .spam on the newsgroup side since we don't have an equivalent forum here. Just posted it on the newsgroup side unde the title "softwarelabs.com spew."

'K... how about this: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z824560422z98...e2d3f35d92b032z OTOH, this doesn't show the "spamvertised" URL in there anywhere.

Follow the View entire message link. Your spam is there with links.

I had to manually report the spamvertised URL because for some reason (M$ LookOut / Exchange?) SC doesn't seem to pick up about 90% of the URLs in the emails I receive, and of those it DOES find, it can't seem to resolve about 75% of them.

35685[/snapback]

Primarily due to the handling os e-mail by Outlook/Exchange and the results of the hack put in place to even attempt to allow SpamCop.net parsing of those mangled results. (note the No html links found, trying text parse remarks in the parse output [if you have Tech/full details turned on]) Problems with resolving a URL are much documented all over the place, to include the FAQ here ....

Primarily due to the handling os e-mail by Outlook/Exchange and the results of the hack put in place to even attempt to allow SpamCop.net parsing of those mangled results.  (note the No html links found, trying text parse remarks in the parse output [if you have Tech/full details turned on])  Problems with resolving a URL are much documented all over the place, to include the FAQ here ....

35688[/snapback]

Yeah... I figured that was the issue with parsing. OTOH, I'm using SpamDeputy, so I don't use the "hack" of the two different windows, so I don't know if that would make any difference or not.

Yeah... I figured that was the issue with parsing. OTOH, I'm using SpamDeputy, so I don't use the "hack" of the two different windows, so I don't know if that would make any difference or not.

35744[/snapback]

Was wondering why I didn't see the "hack" message in the parse ... but, the issue is still the missing MIME definitions from the body of the spam in question ... these missing lines would explain the no HTML links found ... going to have to tinker and try to figure out the lack of the "parsing text" part not stumbling across the links though ..???

Archived