How does one get to be a "Reporter"

Wazoo

Current news story ... Nike owned G5 Gulfstream jet circling around to burn off fuel ... right main landing gear is stuck in a partially open (or closed, deending on which person is telling the story) .... the never-ending list of "experts" these folks are talking to, then the reporters trying to "translate" thos responses, plus adding in their own (idiotic) thoughts ....

expert 1 - nope, don't know anything about a G5, but here's what I think ...

expert 2 - nope, never seen a G5, but here's what I think ....

expert 3 - way back in WWII, I remember crawling back and manually turning the crank to manually lower the gear ... I don't know why they couldn't do that on this plane ... no, I've never seen a G5

expert 4 - I saw one once, but not in the air, but here's what I think ....

reporter 1 - it seems like that's all we hear about these days, landing gear problems on all kinds of airplanes ... why doesn't someone simply design a safe landing gear?

reprter 2 - I was surprised to hear that the Airbus plane a few weeks ago didn't have a "dump valve" so that they could dump all the fuel ... why doesn't every airplane have a "dump valave" installed?

reporter 3 - why couldn't someone just pump the fiel out of the right wing to the left wing .. maybe unhook a hose and pump the fuel overboard?

on and on .... what does it take to sit there and make a circus out of one's ignorance?

Reporter 4 - on final approach, this is where the seatbacks are put up, trays are packed up, and if you need to fo poddy, you'll just have to wait ....

Yeah, exactly the thoughts at the moment of all concerned onboard a corporate/luxury jet ...

bottom line, issue was resolved, landing fear was in fact extended, plane is taxiing to a terminal as I type this ....

Reporter 5 - Nike owes us for 7 major commercial breaks per hour for the last 2.5 hours ...

unreal .....

Current news story ... Nike owned G5 Gulfstream jet circling around to burn off fuel ... right main landing gear is stuck in a partially open (or closed, deending on which person is telling the story) .... the never-ending list of "experts" these folks are talking to, then the reporters trying to "translate" thos responses, plus adding in their own (idiotic) thoughts .... 

unreal ..... 

36398[/snapback]

Thought process went away when the investigative journalist went away. Now we have a whole bunch of stations, each one having to have its own reporter, and no one will allow them to report anyway. They just have to look good (hmm, sounds like a song...). Saw one female reporter got some prime time on NBC during the hurricane and it seemed all she was trying to do was show off her figure (it was good), so no telling where journalism is going. If its anything serious, I try to vet it with at least a couple of other sources (not Fox). Getting to be very cynical about anything I hear or read.

Current news story ... 

36398[/snapback]

Wazoo your were serious. I owe you an apology. I thought you were telling a parable about a well known spam parsing and reporting system and the comments/suggestions made by people that seam to know little about the process or their own computers/software and have not taken the time to do any research before opining.

Again my apologies for the fo slander :blush:

Archived