Reporting lottery scams

mrmaxx

Anyone got a good email address to use for reporting lottery scams to the government? I'm getting TONS of these things (almost as many as I get virus emails! ;)) I already report to the FTC.

Just noting that both 'external' links mentioned thus far are found in the SpamCop FAQ here .... they've been there for a while, plus there are a number of other sites offered up that have their lists, some not so up-to-date, but .....

Thanks, Wazoo.

mrmaxx and Brandon, based on some of my recent lottery email messages (generally British for some reason), I think it is fair to report the lottery email messages as Attempted Advance Fee Fraud AKA 419, noting that such schemes can also involve Attempted Identity Theft by way of trying to get your bank account info so that they can siphon off your money.

Jeff- Agreed. Because the 419 address is for the "cyber crimes" division of the Secret Service, they deal with more than just the traditional 419 scams. I checked out their site and they really do a number of things from that department.

Archived