Blocked email

Internut

Hi. :) I am the owner of a domain and the server hosting is Ipowerweb. I noticed that mail that I try to send from my acct has been blocked. I went to the link shown in the detail area of the message, which led me to the caused of the email being listed on the block list..........

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

I don't spam and the only thing I sent out in mass was a New Years greeting to friends. I read where autoresponders could be a culprit,so I went in to remove autoresponders for my email acct. I've had autoresponders for 1 1/2 yrs and am confused as to why they've never caused problems before. :blink: This is my IP number 65.81.138.168. Is there a way for you to find out specifically what was sent out or the exact reason something was considered to be spam?

I see that the IP may automatically be removed if there are no more reports......so, I'm crossing my fingers this will be the only time I have this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

---------------------------

Debbi

This is my IP number 65.81.138.168. Is there a way for you to find out specifically what was sent out or the exact reason something was considered to be spam?

38673[/snapback]

Debbi,

As you noted, 65.81.138.168 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in a short time.

Causes of listing

* SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

This means the mail server is in the process of de-listing. I see it is a Bell South mail server and that may mean you are sharing your outgoing mail server with many other users of Bell South.

There does not appear to be a large amount of previous reports and the most recent report concerned a message with the subject: Busty blonde teen anal smashed

That certainly looks like spam.

I also see that this IP address is a dynamic IP (according to Dynablock) so it may have been used by someone else and you've just recently gained the blessing of somebody else's blocking.

This IP will be removed from the BL provided there are no more reports. In the meantime, you may want to check which mail (SMTP) server you are sending your Email through and ensure it is one which does not run on a dynamic IP address to avoid blocking because you are using a dynamic IP. This type of block is very common but nothing to do with SpamCop.

Andrew

Hi, Debbi, and welcome! The "IP number" you posted above is the IP Address of the computer you are using to post to this Forum, not the computer at ipowerweb that appears to be blocked. What is the Name or IP Address of that computer? Thanks!

Thank you Andrew.......makes me feel better knowing it's in the process of delisting. :) Hmmmmmmmmm........the previous report regarding Busty blonde teen anal smashed doesn't sound like the NY's greeting my friends were to receive. :D LOL

I will check on the SMTP and see if I can keep from having this problem again. :)

Thanks again for your help. :)

-----------------------

Debbi

Edit: Jeff G. removed the extraneous and bottom quoting.

Hi, Debbi, and welcome! The "IP number" you posted above is the IP Address of the computer you are using to post to this Forum, not the computer at ipowerweb that appears to be blocked. What is the Name or IP Address of that computer? Thanks!

Hi Jeff...........you asked for the IP number for ipowerweb.......the computer I'm on now is the one I use all of the time so the IP number listed is what comes from Bell South. :)

---------------------

Debbi

Hi Jeff...........you asked for the IP number for ipowerweb.......the computer I'm on now is the one I use all of the time so the IP number listed is what comes from Bell South. :)

38683[/snapback]

Debbi, we seem to be having a problem communicating. Was "65.81.138.168" in the "Blocked" message you received? Would you mind posting that message (with full headers)? Please feel free to munge the left side of your and your intended correspondent's email addresses, names, and any personal info in the greeting itself. Thanks!

550-rejected because 65.81.138.168 is in a black list at bl.spamcop.net

550 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?65.81.138.168

This is the only error message I'm receiving and it shows up when I try to send email using that email acct that is hosted on ipowerweb. The domain is thenuthouse.org.............I have no trouble, however, sending email from my bellsouth email acct.

I might also add that I am not receiving an emails telling me my IP is blocked. It is ONLY an error message shown on my screen as I try to send mail from my outbox.........when I click the 'details' box is when I see the above message telling me the mail is on a blacked list.:)

I might also add that I am not receiving an emails telling me my IP is blocked. It is ONLY an error message shown on my screen as I try to send mail from my outbox.........when I click the 'details' box is when I see the above message telling me the mail is on a blacked list.:)

38693[/snapback]

OK, now the veil is lifted. It appears to be Ipowerweb that won't let you connect from your BellSouth DSL connection because your current IP Address 65.81.138.168 is listed by the SCBL, probably due to spamming by whoever used it about 24 hours. That IP Address is now in the process of delisting, and you may already be able to send that email, or it may take a few hours (depending on the DNS cache at Ipowerweb). If you encounter the same problem again (or you still can't send the email for too long a time), please request a new IP Address from BellSouth using "ipconfig /renew" (or however their support personnel tell you to do it). Thanks!

You could also ask Ipowerweb to allow paying Customers such as yourself to send email after proving who you are, no matter what kind of trouble your connecting IP Address has gotten into, as that is the service you have contracted for.

And thanks for the info about contacting IPowerweb as well. :)

38699[/snapback]

If you follow the link you provided above, then click on the link toward the top that states: Information about the reasons for listing (blocking) your mail server (65.81.138.168)

you can see in that screen: If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in a short time.

This basically means you are waiting for spamcops DNS systems to update which can take a couple hours. If the receiving end is not doing fresh lookups every time a connection is tried, the delay for your message getting through is increased.

Archived