Reporting IP addresses

philip@gaeia.com

gaeia.com,Feb 11 2006, 08:32 AM]Any ideas?

40327[/snapback]

If any of these are from Australia, it could be that the 2003 Australian spam Act is broad enough to include the misuse of your enquiry form. Check out http://spamlinks.net/track-report-addresses.htm for reporting addresses etc. though I fear you will have to delve a bit - the politicians' vision and the the bureaurocrats' implementation are as far apart as any episode of Yes Minister would have you expect (though for different reasons, perhaps, to do with the curious overlooking of said "pollies" to provide funding or any other form of resource to accompany their splendiferous vision - but I digress).

gaeia.com,Feb 10 2006, 06:32 PM]My website, www.gaeia.co.uk is being attacked by spammers who are trying to use an enquiry form to send spam. I stopped it some months ago after a day's worth of hassle. I now record the IP addresses of the sources of attack and would like to report these IP addresses somehow.

Any ideas?

40327[/snapback]

?? What is your real question? Look up the IP address, find the responsible ISP/host, send your complaint with log samples, define your timezone .... escalate if necessary ...

Reporting of attacks by logging of IP addresses is a long way down the road from anything dealing with the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting system. This Topic is being moved to the Lounge ....

Archived