Money- Order Scams

mmiknik45

Hello, I'm a newbie and I've had everyone in Nigeria try to scam me at least once.

This one has me puzzeled.... They sent me what seems to be legit-Money-Orders...

Is anyone familiar with this scam.... I can only assume that's what it is. Why would they need me to cash these money-orders for them. Can someone let me know if I should cash them & send them their share keep mine and wait or should I get some alternative advice????? Anyone???

M.C.

mmiknik45[at]comcast.net

If you did not request the money order, there are two possibilities:

1. The money order is forged. If you try to cash it, you may end up in a lot of trouble for forgery.
  2. The money order is real, but it was purchased with ill-gotten gains, and if you cash it, you may also get into a lot of trouble for receiving stolen property or money laundering.

I am moving this Topic from "How to use .... > SpamCop Forum".

The typical e-bay form of this starts out with receiving a payment that exceeds the ending auction price. The request is usually to include the "refund" with the item. Typical result is that the victim is out the item, the amount of the "refund" sent with the item, and then eventually for the amount of the original payment, as it turned out to be entirely bogus ... and these days, banks have a tendency to add even more fees for handling this bad paper.

The typical e-bay form of this starts out with receiving a payment that exceeds the ending auction price.  The request is usually to include the "refund" with the item.  Typical result is that the victim is out the item, the amount of the "refund" sent with the item, and then eventually for the amount of the original payment, as it turned out to be entirely bogus ... and these days, banks have a tendency to add even more fees for handling this bad paper.

41650[/snapback]

Wazoo, Thanks for replying, I'd like to explain... I received 3 $1,000 MoneyGrams and they are actually offering me $1,000 of this. What do you think the intentions are??? I'm sure they're hohorable....(Yea-Right...)

What should I do??? Any suggestions.

M.C.

mmiknik45[at]comcast.net

Here is my suggestion, buy a pouch of tobacco, roll them in you paper. Then burn them (very slowly)...That way you will get some pleasure from the smoke, (in addition to the act of burning which would only be pleasant to a pyromaniac)...

Here is my suggestion, buy a pouch of tobacco, roll them in you paper. Then burn them (very slowly)...That way you will get some pleasure from the smoke, (in addition to the act of burning which would only be pleasant to a pyromaniac)...

41657[/snapback]

Wazoo, Thanks for replying, I'd like to explain... I received 3 $1,000 MoneyGrams and they are actually offering me $1,000 of this. What do you think the intentions are??? I'm sure they're hohorable....(Yea-Right...)

What should I do??? Any suggestions.

41655[/snapback]

http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultAp...8__MSB_Form.xml suggests that you would be identified in a report, due to the $3000 threshold.

http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultAp...umer__fraud.xml lists domr guidelines.

http://www.moneygram.com/servlet/DefaultAp...AgentSearch.jsp to find a "local" agent .. perhaps have a talk with them about the validity of your paperwork.

Archived