Can I turn off getting "[SpamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing" confirmation emails?

I have one email account which was flooded with spam. I told everyone that I changed my email address and forwarded the spam to Spamcop. Now the irony is that I get reports (which I didn't get before) and of course the reports are forwarded as well. I am sure I never entered the option of sending reports somewhere and of course this is not a good way. Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

What kind of "reports" do you get?

Are these responses to your SpamCop Reports?

How have you "forwarded the spam to Spamcop"? The reliable methods are redirection to a SpamCop Email System Account and forwarding as attachment to your submit address (which should only be used for forwarding spam, not all of your email to your old account).

Thanks!

What kind of "reports" do you get?

Are these responses to your SpamCop Reports?

How have you "forwarded the spam to Spamcop"?  The reliable methods are redirection to a SpamCop Email System Account and forwarding as attachment to your submit address (which should only be used for forwarding spam, not all of your email to your old account).

29336[/snapback]

The report was as follows: one spam message submitted to Spamcop. (or something like that)

I have redirected the mail immediately from my Plesk administration to XXXSCtkfRKcdSU8FZgX[at]spam.spamcop.net (my account) where I am supposed to send my reports (the xxx-s aren't really there, there is something else, but I don't want everybody to send spam reports there)

Anyhow, I did exactly what you suggested. Redirect the mail and I just instaled it again, but now I am not receiving those reports. So maybe somebody realized something is wrong.

Basically Mailwasherpro is still checking the email address, just in case something pops up which shouldn't be there and that's how I found out.

If you have any other idea, please let me know. Thanks

You should register for reporting with your new email address and forward emails as attachments from your old account to the submit address associated with your new email address. You will then get a response email to your new email address for each submission, and then you can click on the Tracking URL(s) in each response email (or Report Now) to Send your SpamCop Reports.

You should no longer use the submit address associated with your old email address, because if you did, you would end up reporting the response emails and getting yourself into big trouble.

You should register for reporting with your new email address and forward emails as attachments from your old account to the submit address associated with your new email address.  You will then get a response email to your new email address for each submission, and then you can click on the Tracking URL(s) in each response email (or Report Now) to Send your SpamCop Reports.

You should no longer use the submit address associated with your old email address, because if you did, you would end up reporting the response emails and getting yourself into big trouble.

29353[/snapback]

Yes right, indeed that's what happening (again)

I got tons of email with the following text. However I don't intend to submit for every spam a report since that would keep me busy all day. If it's not possible to automate the process, I will abandon it.

I want to help catching spammers, but not in a way that would cost me a lot of time. I thought this was just a convenient way. If not, well, I will stop using the report function and abandon the old email address completely.

Header: Spamcop has received a message for processing

Content

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS SERVICE!

SpamCop is free. However, if you like the service please pay for it:

http://www.spamcop.net/upgradeaccount.shtml

SpamCop is now ready to process your spam.

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z775281374zd0...3c5e7a282abf63z

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

Return-Path: <spamid.775280777[at]bounces.spamcop.net>

Received: from sc-smtp1.eq.ironport.com (sc-smtp1.eq.ironport.com [192.168.18.81])

by sc-app5.eq.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 372302F90F

for <submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:10:56 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from plesk.server-2.com (70.84.173.34)

by sc-smtp1.eq.ironport.com with ESMTP; 15 Jun 2005 20:10:55 -0700

Received: (qmail 2942 invoked by uid 110); 16 Jun 2005 03:10:55 -0000

Delivered-To: 294-adam_eve[at]henny-savenije.pe.kr

Received: (qmail 2937 invoked from network); 16 Jun 2005 03:10:55 -0000

Received: from vmx2.spamcop.net (64.74.133.250)

by hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr with SMTP; 16 Jun 2005 03:10:55 -0000

Received: from sc-app2.eq.ironport.com (HELO spamcop.net) (192.168.19.202)

by vmx2.spamcop.net with SMTP; 15 Jun 2005 20:10:55 -0700

From: SpamCop AutoResponder <spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net>

To: adam_eve[at]henny-savenije.pe.kr

Subject: SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 03:10:55 GMT

Message-ID: <spamid775280777[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Content-type: text/plain

In-Reply-To: <spamid775280334[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

References: <spamid775280334[at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Edit: munged submit address

I want to help catching spammers, but not in a way that would cost me a lot of time. I thought this was just a convenient way. If not, well, I will stop using the report function and abandon the old email address completely.

29355[/snapback]

It doesn't sound like you've got a good enough record for Email-based Quick Reporting as described at What is Quick Reporting?.

<snip>

I got tons of email with the following text. However I don't intend to submit for every spam a report since that would keep me busy all day. If it's not possible to automate the process, I will abandon it.

29355[/snapback]

...Please just report what you have the time and inclination to do. SpamCop only automates the process of looking up the (IP address which is the ) source of the spam, the appropriate e-mail (abuse) addresses for reporting and (once you have verified that what SpamCop found was reasonable and appropriate) sending the reports to those addresses. Mistakes do happen for various reasons (even for those who, as Jeff G implies, have "a good enough record for Email-based Quick Reporting") 29358[/snapback] and it is important to check the offered abuse contacts before actually sending the reports.

...Thanks for helping! :) <g>

• 1 year later...

Is there any way to stop getting confirmation messages for every report filed?

Can I have reports filed automatically without confirming every report on the spamcop web site?

Look for Quick reporting in the FAQ here on the foums.

Yes, it is called Quick Reporting.

You have to be approved to use it and have Mailhosts configured.

I found that reviewing the report emails (to make sure that nothing had gone wrong and I was reporting my own ISP) was just as tedious as reporting individually. Some people report one or two the 'slow' way and then if all looks ok, report the rest via quick.

substitute quick (and now I have forgotten what you substitute it for) in your reporting address and follow the instructions in the return email.

There is a FAQ about it. I am too tired to find it for you.

Miss Betsy

... substitute quick (and now I have forgotten what you substitute it for) in your reporting address and follow the instructions in the return email.

There is a FAQ about it. I am too tired to find it for you. ...

That would be "quick" substituted for "submit", I think.

And here's one discussion on the process http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=163

Archived