Leave Copy on Server When Forwarding

Dignitas

I just signed up for the $30 Spamcop email servce today and am already loving the results. Many thanks to those involved!

I am a T-Mobile BlackBerry user and had hoped to be able to forward email I get at my Spamcop address to my T-Mobile BlackBerry account. That way, I could get filtered email on my BlackBerry while still being able to get at my mail via POP and Webmail at Spamcop.net. (T-Mobile/RIM doesn't allow POP or Webmail from its tmo.blackberry.net addresses, so I can't get at messages that way).

Would it be possible to have an option when forwarding mail from Spancop.net to also leave a copy on the Spamcop.net server? It would make my life a lot easier.

I am now having my BlackBerry get my email from Spamcop.net via POP. But, the BlackBerry will only check mail via POP every 10 minutes whareas email forwarded to my BlackBerry email accout reaches my BlackBerry instantly.

Would it be a big deal to implement a "leave a copy" option? Thanks!

This has been asked for several times, so this thread will likely be merged into one of those threads. Since it has not already been implemented, it probably is a big deal to implement. I know none of the various systems I use have this type of function available.

Sorry that I missed those threads. I did try looking around to see if this had been addressed, but didn't see anything.

I would be surprised for this to require a lot of programming effort. You just forward and keep email rather than forward and delete email. But, I'm no programmer. So, perhaps I don't appreciate the issues involved.

If anyone reading this could add this feaure, it would really make my life easier! Thanks!

<snip>

If anyone reading this could add this feaure, it would really make my life easier! Thanks!

...Unfortunately, there's only one person, JT, who can add a feature to SpamCop e-mail and he doesn't hang out here much.

...My wild guess as to why this suggestion isn't implemented is that the core of SpamCop e-mail is Horde/Imp (sp?), a commercial product, and adding such a feature would require a change to that product.

I would be surprised for this to require a lot of programming effort. You just forward and keep email rather than forward and delete email. But, I'm no programmer. So, perhaps I don't appreciate the issues involved.

Except that the way forwarding normally works, the message never really is on the server so it is never deleted.

An alternative view is that the "leave on the server" mode is actually answered via the IMAP access mode ...????

I would think if the message gets forwarded on and never left on the server that you couldn't access via IMAP. But, I don't know much about this stuff. Either way, what I wanna do is forward my filtered mail on to the tmo.blackberry.com account that I use, as that account sends email to the BlackBerry immediately rather than having to be POPed every 10 minutes.

Except that the way forwarding normally works, the message never really is on the server so it is never deleted.

I didn't know that, but thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...

Archived