sick of being blocked

gusrox

I am sick and tired of running behind time because of blocked emails by spam cop.

I work for a mining company that is based in Argentina, Canada and Australia. While in argentina spam cop blocks our emails. we will be able to send for two days then not able to send for 6 days. While in argentina we can only send via the ISP accounts [at]speedy.com.ar(or online but this not possible because for legal reasons)

now i have read the reason behind this but it still doesn't help when we have time sensitive emails and they get blocked for days on end.

It is not our fault that people on the same ISP send spam 90% of argentina use the same ISP!!!!!

Now this doesn't bother me as i use a blackberry however its is costly to be sending large emails via Blackberrys in another country!!

I have tried to contact spam cop but they said look at the posts and nothing else.

It is coming to a point were we will be taking legal action against spamcop as it is there product blocking our emails. they may try to shift the blame on the ISP but it is there product blocking US!!!!

I have contacted our lawers in reguards to this matter and they will be following up unless this is resolved.

It is absolutely stupid that this happens. They have no legal right to block emails unless they have been subscibed to by a customer and in no way do is it fair for legitimate emails to be blocked.

First, FYI, SpamCop doesn't block anything, so your lawyers will be wasting their time and *your* money if they think that they can bring action against SpamCop for problems with sending email. Did you read the "welcome" message for this particular forum? Here's a link:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5435

Be sure to click on the appropriate links within that message, such as these:

* Start Here - before you make your first Post

* Why Am I Blocked?

* Has your email been blocked? (ISP, Mailing List Admin, Advertiser)

The bottom line is that spammer have messed things up for everyone. Argentina has historically been a major source of spam, so until the network admins there are able to keep better control of what spews out of their systems, then blocking and filtering will occur, out of self defense.

The people who are actually blocking or delaying any of your messages are actually the individual administrators of the email servers to which you are trying to send email. Those are the people you'll need to complain to if your messages don't get through.

DT

(SpamCop user)

I am sick and tired of running behind time because of blocked emails by spam cop.

SpamCop.net blocks nothing, can block nothing ... your version of the story is wrong.

I work for a mining company that is based in Argentina, Canada and Australia. While in argentina spam cop blocks our emails.

SpamCop.net blocks nothing, can block nothing ... same mistake as above

we will be able to send for two days then not able to send for 6 days.

Showing the "automatic" part of the SpamCopDNSBL, if we make the assumption that SpamCop is involved at all.

While in argentina we can only send via the ISP accounts [at]speedy.com.ar(or online but this not possible because for legal reasons)

This sentence makes very little sense .. you are paying for an ISP account that offers e-mail, but you can't use it for legal reasons ???? I have not been able to guuess at what "online" might mean, as it apparently does not include this ISP.

now i have read the reason behind this but it still doesn't help when we have time sensitive emails and they get blocked for days on end.

It is not our fault that people on the same ISP send spam 90% of argentina use the same ISP!!!!!

User explains that the reason for the probable SpamCopDNSBL listing of the "sending" ISP is well known and understood.

Now this doesn't bother me as i use a blackberry however its is costly to be sending large emails via Blackberrys in another country!!

I have tried to contact spam cop but they said look at the posts and nothing else.

Yet nothing mentioned about contacting the Receiving ISPs to see if something could be worked out on their end. Nothing mentioned about the possibility of this multi-national mining company setting up and running it's own e-maul servers to solve the problem of the shared server involved.

It is coming to a point were we will be taking legal action against spamcop as it is there product blocking our emails. they may try to shift the blame on the ISP but it is there product blocking US!!!!

I have contacted our lawers in reguards to this matter and they will be following up unless this is resolved.

It is absolutely stupid that this happens. They have no legal right to block emails unless they have been subscibed to by a customer and in no way do is it fair for legitimate emails to be blocked.

And that is the crowning touch ... the cartooney .... You posted this into a Forum Titled and described as;

SpamCop Blocklist Help

A forum to help those who use or have had their e-mail blocked based on use of the SpamCopDNSBL by the receiving ISP.

Please read the "Why Am I Blocked?" FAQ entry before posting.

You chose not to ask for help. You chose not to offer any help. You have thus far only ranted .. and then whipped out the cartooney ... This is being moved to the Lounge area ... you'll note that the Title/description for that area includes the word "rant" ....

Nothing mentioned about the possibility of this multi-national mining company setting up and running it's own e-maul servers to solve the problem of the shared server involved.

Hi Wazoo!

Totally agree. An 'international mining company' would, presumably, be more than capable of changing their operations to resolve this problem if they so wished.

Have to say that I think you've coined a great new term in your typo... :D

The concept of 'E-maul' seems entirely appropriate to rants and unwarranted allegations - perhaps even for spam in general :blink:

Andrew

<<I am sick and tired of running behind time because of blocked emails by spam cop.>>

Well you know what Mr Argentine Miner, I'm sick and tired of all the spam that comes from that country! Do I blame you for it? NO! Yet you come here and blame SpamCop for your troubles. Get your facts straight before you start throwing loose threats around. Your problems are due to spammers, no one else. Get your lawyers and go find them! Put the spammers out of buisiness and your problems will be solved ... as long as you aren't one of those spammers!

You would think with today's technology that it would be possible for individuals to block entire countries or ISP's. Just as I can set up a word filter, I should be able to add an IP front end address and have everything around me, my computer, kick it back to the originator.

Remember, spammers are theives and liars with no concern for anyone but themselves.

MCA

<snip>

You would think with today's technology that it would be possible for individuals to block entire countries or ISP's. Just as I can set up a word filter, I should be able to add an IP front end address and have everything around me, my computer, kick it back to the originator.

...Please see loafman's reply in thread "current IP ranges for China and Hongkong?"
Remember, spammers are theives and liars with no concern for anyone but themselves.
...Methinks you've slandered thieves and liars! :) <g>

Archived