All spam reporting gets cancelled

14 hours ago, RobiBue said:

... maybe reset the account as something is fishy...

That's my suggestion if anything else fails.

~~~~ RobiBue

That is what I figured and why I checked our mail server (I have access). I'll look again, maybe for a server email Event. Thanks for clarifying that the site is working.
I'll check again.

I can attest to what @ninth mentioned. One of our server ISPs blocked a IP due to spaming. Some hosts/ISP will definitely block a IP if it's shown to be sending spam.

I've reported obvious spam to SC, and in comments, added "Just the usual spammers at OVH" because it was getting really bad. Later, I received a note from OVH, 'The matter has been taken care of'.

I intend to capture the next report and get the tracking number (or whatever that report result number near the top is.to @petzl. I think he speaks the language.

~o

12 hours ago, petzl said:

Seems you are wrong.
The IP won't take action on websites at the IP address.
Registrars are the ones to complain to the owner/operator of website IP won't
SpamCop reporting IP address's is worthless
Why I send directly from my email address sometimes

I gather you mean 'The ISP won't take action' not IP. Two different things.

You said..."send directly from my email address sometimes". Do you know where I may find the step x step to send via email (Thunderbird) client instead of reporting via site?

TIA,

~o

1 hour ago, Outernaut said:

You said..."send directly from my email address sometimes". Do you know where I may find the step x step to send via email (Thunderbird) client instead of reporting via site?

TIA,

~o

I meant what was written
A website domain  connects to a IP the abuse address has to go through the registrar
to get the abuse address of the registrar
I use a windows free app
http://www.gena01.com/win32whois/
It is not any good reporting to the abuse of a webstes domain IP unless it is operated with no registrar!
Read a book you don't seem to have a grasp of what is said here?

Edited by petzl

13 hours ago, ninth said:

Not once have the cops sent a report to the registrant since I have been sending in spam which has gone from one per hour to one a day if that.

Correct times  have changed SpamCop has not!
It used to be reporting to the IP was all that was needed now it is not.

Can you tell where the bounce is coming from? It does appear SpamCop is sending through 68.232.143.151 (A cisco IP that is filtering outbound reports) which might be filtering reports and flagging for containing spam. I think they added that server around March 27th.

11 minutes ago, gnarlymarley said:

Can you tell where the bounce is coming from? It does appear SpamCop is sending through 68.232.143.151 (A cisco IP that is filtering outbound reports) which might be filtering reports and flagging for containing spam. I think they added that server around March 27th.

I believe it was fixed, problem was poster

4 hours ago, Outernaut said:

TIA,

~o

I personally don't use T'bird, but scanning through old forum posts, I see that you seem to have used the t'bird add-on "Just Report It"
https://forum.spamcop.net/topic/45743-extension-for-thunderbird-78-just-report-it/ort It"
it's from Feb 2021...

I don't know if it's still relevant or even compatible as I didn't check the latest t'bird version...

anyway, you might also want to try the Outlook/eudora workaround by clicking on the link in the spam report page (third last line) where it splits the headers from the body ...

image.thumb.png.89da42c4775473bce02bbb32c3faae24.png

image.thumb.png.88a3a7e7460398790a103fef68abcc16.png

that again could be another way to submit, although it is a bit more work for you as you would have to copy/paste the headers into the first field, then copy/paste the body into the second field...

just a suggestion though...

btw, I'm not sure, but for some people IP means Internet Provider (omitting the Service part in between) instead of what others know as the Internet Protocol address... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by RobiBue

1 hour ago, RobiBue said:

btw, I'm not sure, but for some people IP means Internet Provider (omitting the Service part in between) instead of what others know as the Internet Protocol address... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ISP is internet "service"  provider. The context of conversation show clue to most?
In this thread context it meant "IP address".
Used to use mail programs to get email to computer, they always downgraded them till they fell over.
Just use Gmail webmail now.

Edited by petzl

I will take whatever steps necessary to stop unwanted emails calls and texts to the accounts and devices I pay for including reporting to a parent company if the website does not respond so I would like to know more about involving interpol? Is it because the crook is using a telco overseas and masking number?

On 5/29/2023 at 12:11 PM, ninth said:

I will take whatever steps necessary to stop unwanted emails calls and texts to the accounts and devices I pay for including reporting to a parent company if the website does not respond so I would like to know more about involving interpol? Is it because the crook is using a telco overseas and masking number?

I'm in Australia the scam site was listed by the Australian government "scam watch" and Australia post (for over 12 months).
https://auspost.com.au/about-us/about-our-site/online-security-scams-fraud/scam-alerts
I just looked up (Google) Interpol Washington which sent me here!
The Registrar was in the USA.
https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/your-message-department-justice
The site was taken down by next day.

To send a mobile text/SMS to your email just hold your finger on SMS till it gets shaded (mine goes blue)
Then click share and email to your your email address, makes it easier to find the registrar of web sites. If they have one if not lookup the IP address to get the ISP abuse address.

Edited by petzl

Interesting. The address should be gov.us but .gov is correct same with host and ip but once I added the doj in the path page not found. This is as bad as hacking nasa. Number blocked right? I had a call from woman trying to tell me in her best english she was from the tax authority? These calls are too much so the phone in on silence unless caller is in my contacts and home phone is forwarded to mob then I report anon to reverse if there is other complaints...bots hangup no msg.

Edited by ninth
sp

Sorry petzl, the confusion stems from this post:
https://forum.spamcop.net/topic/71626-all-spam-reporting-gets-cancelled/?do=findComment&comment=186384

I formatted the confusing part in ¿purple/mauve? everything green is (mostly) clear

On 5/28/2023 at 2:51 AM, petzl said:

Seems you are wrong.
The IP won't take action on websites at the IP address
Registrars are the ones to complain to the owner/operator of website IP won't
SpamCop reporting IP address's of websites is near worthless
Why I send directly from my email address sometimes

You do clarify though, that

12 hours ago, petzl said:

ISP is internet "service"  provider. The context of conversation show clue to most?
In this thread context it meant "IP address".
Used to use mail programs to get email to computer, they always downgraded them till they fell over.
Just use Gmail webmail now.

it might have been a typo, I don't know, on the first meaning of IP. (yes, the IP address wont take action against the IP address...😁)
Again, I'm sorry if it comes over from my part as obnoxious or pushy, but I just want to make sure acronyms used are clear on the meaning, especially if they can be misinterpreted, and communication is the best way, in my opinion, to clarify things.

For a loooong time I've been using gmail, same reason due to email programs on the PC get old and unsupported. I used to have Outlook Express for the longest, some of my email providers changed names/shut down/dropped service and keeping up with all that was taking a toll on me and my time, so gmail seemed for me to be a solid winner to use and keep.
I also realized that after a few years, replacing the PC, I'd lose some emails I intended to keep, and space on the PC was (and still is) also "restricted" to the size of the Hard Disk (HDD) and failure thereof also didn't help none.

7 hours ago, ninth said:

Interesting. The address should be gov.us but .gov is correct

in the US " the world authority of the internet " (apologies to all feller Americans here) there are very few .us TLDs  (Third Level Domains) at the end of a US government or commercial or even org domains. The reason is that the "assumption" that a .com, .org, .gov, .anything else is based in the US. whereas any other country would place their TLDs combined with the country code TLD.
examples:

www.gob.mx (gobierno México)
gov.ch (redirects to admin.ch which is the Swiss government, CH meaning Confœderatio Helveticæ)
gov.bw (government of Botswana)
gov.au (Australia)
and so on... (although not all follow that format due to their languages as you can see in the example of the Mexican address)

Here in the US, though. the .gov usually gets preceded by the state .al.gov meaning it's the Alabama State government.

.mil is the same: only US military...
as is .edu as many other countries list their universities and educational sites as .edu.(country code)

I mean, I'm not saying there are no .us addresses, they are just not so common and are few.

6 hours ago, RobiBue said:

it might have been a typo,

I'm getting old and a bit doddery, but I usually point in right direction. I hope?