held mail does not change

i'm not using webmail. i have spamcop forward all messages to my private account.

and if the email is not whitelisted, it is just held.

so, what i typically do on my other spamcop accounts is -- i just select 'check all' and 'quick report'

all emails are then delted for me.

i just set up this new account, and it will not permit me to delete any of the messages in the held mail.

I can't find a reference, but in the back of my mind somewhere are that I recall a conversation where it was suggested that the Trash Folder had to be created .. and then prefernces had some settings about processed mail being moved to the Trash / Deleted Foldr or just simply being deleted ... You say you just set this account up, can you verify that there is a Trash and/or Deleted Folder showing under that account?

Thanks Steven .. feeling a bit silly here .. I'd tried the Search function, thinking that there wouldn't be that many references to "Trash Folder" ... after wading through a half-dozen Topics, I gave up <g> Had I been thinking clearly, a Pinned Subject should have been obvious <g>

again, i tried to create a trash folder. i get an 'illegal folder name' error.

and i'm not using the webmail, i have all my mail autoforwarded (well, all the mail that is whitelisted).

so, now what?

or should i not forward, wait until i get a few messages in webmail, delete them. and then it is fixed?

You could go to webmail, go to your Held Mail folder and delete one of the old messages you have already reported or those to old to report anyway.

You could also create a new message and make sure it is saved in your Sent folder then delete that.

However you do it, you need to delete from inside webmail to create the Trash folder.

Archived