Don't use Mailhosts in combination Quickreport

localhost

I just managed to submit 10 false reports (reporting my ISP mx server).

How can I cancel these?

ID's are

Or can someone cancel these?

Advise: Don't use Mailhosts with the combination of Quickreport.

Unfortunately there is no way to cancel reports altho I did check the IPs to make sure they weren't blocklisted -- but one of the comments you made does need to be repeated in big red letters (of course I don't know how to do that -- maybe someone will wander by and do it for me :-)

Once you have converted to mailhosts do *not* use quick reporting or the report as spam button for at least 3 or 4 days until you are sure that you are not reporting your ISP ... *do* use verbose reporting so you can take a look at what the parser is saying.

Thanks!

[Jeff wandered by]

Unfortunately there is no way to cancel reports altho I did check the IPs to make sure they weren't blocklisted -- but one of the comments you made does need to be repeated in big red letters (of course I don't know how to do that -- maybe someone will wander by and do it for me :-)

Once you have converted to mailhosts do *not* use quick reporting or the report as spam button for at least 3 or 4 days until you are sure that you are not reporting your ISP ... *do* use verbose reporting so you can take a look at what the parser is saying.

Thanks!

How's this?

I certaily recall reading through the 'instructions' and seeing the "report no spam until it's done" .. but then again, there was the word "Beta" in there a few times. This is what "Beta" usually means .. not quite ready for prime time. ...

As stated in quite a number of other Topics, all this stuff should actually hve been placed over in the Topic Julian started ... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=723 ... why not make it easier for the one guy doing all this stuff, posing the request, asking for feedback, by keeping all the pertinent stuff in that one thread/Topic?

I just managed to submit 10 false reports (reporting my ISP mx server).

How can I cancel these?

ID's are

Or can someone cancel these?

Advise: Don't use Mailhosts with the combination of Quickreport.

...If this had to do with incomplete Mailhost Beta testing then this may not be entirely relevant, but you may want to have a look at Pinned: FAQ Entry: How can I unsend a report? for future reference.

Thanks!

How's this?

That's just wonderful -- is there a way to do that magically or do you have to code the tags manually -- altho I sort of like the idea of just saying -- "can someone make this into big red print" :-)

<snip>

As stated in quite a number of other Topics, all this stuff should actually hve been placed over in the Topic Julian started ... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=723 ... why not make it easier for the one guy doing all this stuff, posing the request, asking for feedback, by keeping all the pertinent stuff in that one thread/Topic?

...Attn: Moderator: please consider merging this into Mailhost system beta testing, as Julian has asked that we

Please followup here with your thoughts and/or problems.

How's this?

That's just wonderful -- is there a way to do that magically or do you have to code the tags manually -- altho I sort of like the idea of just saying -- "can someone make this into big red print" :-)

I did it manually. The 'Code Buttons' above the composition window will do it for you except for the size I chose - which isn't one of the options. "Large" is 'SIZE=7' but it seemed too large to me so I reduced the size to '4'.

To use the buttons just click on the [ B ] (for bold text), then the [ SIZE ] button and select a size, then the [ COLOR ] button to select the color.

Type, or paste in, the text you want and then click on the "Close all Tags" link.

Next click on the [ Preview Post ] button to see if you want to adjust the size. To reduce the font size reduce the number in the [ SIZE ] tag, to increase the size make the number bigger.

But this is not all:

Do not convert to mailhosts as long as there are still messages in the quick reporting queue!

Nobody tells you that all messages that you have just submitted with quick reporting (and haven't been processed yet) will go through the new system if you convert just after submitting. That is even worse. You do as you always do. Then, you see the new link, try it, and convert. 30 minutes or so later when you'll see your report log you'll know you have a major crisis because you have just reported your ISP 20 times...

Archived