Adding other ISPs & free/cost?

Fred Waters

I have registered my normal ISP (Hotmail) without problems. How do I add an additional (different) ISP and my other e-mail address used with this ISP?

Perhaps it is not necessary if reporting of spam is all that I wish to do (I can send it to SpamCop using my Hotmail address). However if spam filtering is to happen all both my e-mail addresses is this what one has to pay $30 a year for?

I have registered my normal ISP (Hotmail) without problems. How do I add an additional (different) ISP and my other e-mail address used with this ISP?

Perhaps it is not necessary if reporting of spam is all that I wish to do (I can send it to SpamCop using my Hotmail address). However if spam filtering is to happen all both my e-mail addresses is this what one has to pay $30 a year for?

Hi Fred!

Welcome along! A whole bunch of questions and which are difficult to answer because, as a new visitor, you may not have given enough information.

Can I ask for some clarification...

You have posted in the Email service forum but then your question about the $30 account implies that you haven't actually signed up for an Email account. Is that correct?

You say you have registered a Hotmail address. Can you be more explicit which service you have registered the address with? Again, because you've asked the question in the Email forum it might be reasonable to assume you've registered your Hotmail address in the Mailhost process. But I fear I may be assuming too much.

I know this whole process can be confusing to newcomers. You're very welcome but if you can provide extra clarity you'll find plenty of folk willing to advise and help.

Andrew

Fred Walters:

If you signed up for the free reporting service using your hotmail address, that is all you need. You can report any spam you receive using the same reporting account. You do not have to forward it from Hotmail. You should consider registering all accounts in the mailhost section of this reporting account.

If you are talking about registering your hotmail account in the mailhost section, you will need to register any address (host) you use.

And again, the $30 is for a spamcop email account which is not free.

Assuming you now have signed up for The worlds best email service. The only email address you will ever need

You can have SpamCop email POP HotMail (as well as yahoo AOL etc)

popgate.cesmail.net using that when you configure external POP servers

SpamCop will sort spam to your VER for reporting (Be careful at first as you set-up your filtering properly)

Legitimate email only going to your inbox- NO email ever lost

Make sure you whitelist your known contacts/friends Most ISP's are stupid and one should never automatically accept any email account from them. White listing will allow even the most stupid to pass through SpamCop's filtering

It pays to POP "pop.SpamCop.net" directly with your email client (I use The Bat!Voyager from my USB Pendrive)

To send email through spamcop use smtp.cesmail.net using port 587 (you must on "outgoing mail server" check "requires authentication" which is the same as your POP set-up)

A quick way to whitelist is to set-up an IMAP connection (un-check polling) and move a message or messages to your held folder. Then using VER select from Scroll Box "Forward (and whitelist sender)"

Based on the strange flow of thew question and answers and the oddly placed othewr Topic by the same user ..... I'm struggling a bit as to just where to actually move both Topics (and possubly merge them into a single discussion) .... the "I thought it was free" doesn't quite jive with having a SpamCop.net e-mail account . in fact "is this what one has to pay $30 a year for?" seems to suggest yet another query actually ....????

As noted/seen, no one seems to be able to come to grips with just what the actual first question meant. Once again, terminology loosely used leads to mass and utter confusion.

"Register an address"

.. could have been the tee-reporting account register address

.. could have been an external server check from the SpamCop.net e-mail server, but not likely

.. could have meant a MailHost Configuration step (though seems unlikely based on the other questions)

.. could mean something totally different, having nothing to do with "registering" anything, it just sounded good

What's really frustrating is that this user couldn't have hing around for a few minutes ... or at least checked back in .... obviously, it really sucks having so many people around willing to jump tight in and try to help in some way .... (sarcasticly stated, after just making the rounds of a half-dozen other 'support' forums and seeing months-old queries still sitting there with nothing but the dead electrons showing that they've even been looked at .. though of course, not indicating that they were viewed by anyone other than other users trying to find answers ...)

Merged Topics, changed the Title ..... moved to the Lounge until someone comes back and clears the mud a little bit.

Archived