many ips (10) per host?

Hello everyone!

We have 10 ips per our hostname configured. I tried to add whem all - but it seems SpamCop gets only one of whem (random) so we are not able to send reports, because we are sending email from random ip.

Could it be fixed?

first host:

-bash-2.05b$ host cluster.monopost.com

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.65

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.66

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.67

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.68

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.69

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.60

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.61

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.62

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.63

cluster.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.64

and second host:

-bash-2.05b$ host corp.monopost.com

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.80

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.81

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.82

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.83

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.84

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.85

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.86

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.87

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.88

corp.monopost.com has address 87.245.192.89

I will also ask ..... the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account is based on analyzing the e-mail that you 'receive' .... The 'random IP addreesses" used to "send" your e-mail isn't really part of the MailHost Configuration process.

We have 10 ips per our hostname configured. I tried to add whem all - but it seems SpamCop gets only one of whem (random) so we are not able to send reports, because we are sending email from random ip.

Could it be fixed?

The mailhost process identifies the most likely ip addresses handling mail routed to your domain. If you have machine names then you should raise this with admin[at]spamcop.net Don (one of the SpamCop admins) will most likely add the machines manually for you if required.

Andrew

Can't see why configuration using monopost.com wouldn't work for cluster.monopost.com - not sure about corp.monopost.com though. Email tester at www.dnsstuff.com gives results I can't interpret. Andrew's suggestion that you might need to contact Don / Deputies is perhaps borne out - deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net being a further address

Let me try again .... the sending IP address of your spam submittals should not be an issue, as what is going to be parsed is the 'spam that is submitted' .. not this submittal e-mail itself.

The MailHost Configuration version of the parser will be checking at the IP addresses/systems involved in the receipt of that spam ... again, nothing to do with the IP address 'randomly chosen' to send your 'spam submittal' ....

You have expressed concern over your cluster of outgoing e-mail servers .... the question in the MailHost Cofiguration of your Reporting Account is actually one about your "incoming" e-mail server(s) .... How many of these do you have?

Your Mailhost configuration looks OK to me. The headers of the spam you're reporting don't show any internal hops where an IP is recorded.

The headers show corp.monopost.com getting the mail from outside your network, and it records the source IP. That's all SpamCop needs. It knows that corp.monopost.com belongs to you and uses that information to pinpoint the source of the email.

If you're having trouble reporting a spam, copy out the Tracking URL from the top of the page when you try to process it and send the link to me. I can use that URL to see where the problem lies.

I don't understand what you mean by "not able to send reports." Maybe you could explain?

If necessary, you can write to me at: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

I don't understand what you mean by "not able to send reports." Maybe you could explain?
That statement is probably better read as "Not willing to send reports" due to the fear that Mailhosts are not set up correctly.

Archived