Glitch with mailsc "heldlog" ?

This afternoon when I go to http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog the usual pop-up occurs asking for user name and password. Click OK and up comes another one, user name auto-filled, blank password.

Dismiss it and the held log appears.

Just wonder if anyone is aware of a glitch that may be causinbg this?

This afternoon when I go to http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog the usual pop-up occurs asking for user name and password. Click OK and up comes another one, user name auto-filled, blank password.

Dismiss it and the held log appears.

Just wonder if anyone is aware of a glitch that may be causinbg this?

I don't go directly to that page when I sign in, but I am not having any problems with the site. Did you recently change your password, by any chance? I have seen strange interactions when that happens.

Steven,

My, that was a speedy reply! Strangely the glitch, or whatever it was, has now corrected itself. No I haven't recently changed my password.

Maybe it was a communications problem with my ISP? I know they are working on upgrading their high-speed connections.

Newsgroups have been strangely quiet for a few days now ... this is the only query/comment 'here' on this.

That specific login is one that is actually causing the Parsing & Reporting system to then query the E-Mail account system (west coast U.S. talking to systems on the east coast U.S.) Yupically when a loging / handling issue comes up on this 'connection construct' there is usually something showing in the Reporting Server Status graphic/link ... I'm not seeing any of those usually suspect dropoits, slow-downs, etc.

You're suggesting that you are logging into the west coast machine (the mailsc item) but are suggesting that you then somehow are getting at least an echo of what would be assumed to be the west coast system trying to query the east coast system with your credentials .... that you say you kill that window and things 'work' would seem to indicate that those systems are in fact talking to each other .. so the specific issue would be what is triggering the second pop-up on your system.

All that 'background communication' stuff would be happening far distant from your browser connection, so that really shouldn't be an item for consideration. Yet, the 'first' pop-up should have been the tool that handled any/all of the login process, cookie data, etc. I'm not coming up with anything readily handy for a browser setting that could be responsible for something like this ....

OK, I was going to pull up some data, go check the log files here to see what browser you were using .. now see that you and Steven have already had dialog and the problem went away .. oh well ......

Still nothing in the newsgroups ...

log files here show "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)"

I can't tie this issue into any of the (seemingly millions of) IE7 complaints, so really not sure if the typical "remove cookies, clear cache and history, re-boot, etc." would really be useful ....

Your ISP upgrading things could be a factor, but ... exactly how, I'm not at all sure of. Wild and idiotic guess would be like a scenario where they have ended up with a couple of routers working in parallel, where your browser request is somehow being handle by two routers, both passing on amd handling the data. The additional ramificatins of such a situation are simply mind-boggling, so ... let's leave that as simply silly ....

On the other hand, we sure are running shy on the "me too" posts ....

As far as the 'confusion factor' .... it'll take some time, but .... some of this was addressed in Held Mail Enhancement Request, Color Options for Held Mail Page which infortunately contains multiple links back to other ancient Topics / Discussions ..... as stated, the 'mailsc' account/connection is to IronPort controlled computers on the west coast, but the e-mail data itself is actually stored on JT's hardware on the east coast .... lot's of handshaking going on there, never mind adding in 'your' connection / display bringing it all together on your screen ...

Rogers, my ISP, is upgrading us upper tier subs to 8mb/s download from 5 but that already went through. Knowing them I've expected anything to happen at any time.

Let's see how it goes overnight.

Can't tag it as Resolved, as we sure don't knw what it was all about .. but ....

I'd even like to key on the lack of folks jumping on to add their own similar issues ... but can't even do that .. both the newsgroups and this Forum have been really, really quiet for a couple of days now for some reason .....suggesting 'no problems' out there ... but, could it also mean that some folks simply can't connect at all?

Archived