Recovering the reporting email address

sailr

I had to reinstall Mailwasher, etc. after a complete rebuild of my computer. Unfortunately, I do not have the spamcop reporting address any longer. How can I recover it? Spamcop won't let me re-register...it says I have an existing account. However!....I can't activate Spamcop in Mailwasher without the email address!

HELP!

I had to reinstall Mailwasher, etc. after a complete rebuild of my computer. Unfortunately, I do not have the spamcop reporting address any longer. How can I recover it? Spamcop won't let me re-register...it says I have an existing account. However!....I can't activate Spamcop in Mailwasher without the email address!

Check the FAQ for the section: How do I submit spam via email?

FAQs & Words > SpamCop.net Single-Page FAQ

And, as this is a question, not fitting the desxcription of the Forum section;

How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials

System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option .... Questions still needed to be asked about How to use/do something are to be posted into that function's Forum section.

Then further sectioned off into;

How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Reporting

How to Instructions Only - Problems and issues belong in the other specific Forum sections

This is being moved to the Reporting Help Forum section .... which is described/defined as;

A forum to help users with reporting spam using the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service.

See also Password Problems?

The straight answer to your question is...

The "submit" address that MailWasher wants is displayed on the "Welcome" page when you log into your account here.

Here's all the login information. Maybe it will help.

Your username is your whole email address. The one you registered with us for an account.

Passwords are cAse sENsiTive and may contain lookalike digits such as, "one" and "ell" or "Oh" and "zero." Our system will allow you to copy/paste in your password if your browser will. After you log in, you can use the "Preferences" link at the top of the page to change your password.

If you can't remember your password, just use the "Forgot your password? (click here)" link when login fails, and SpamCop will send you a new one.

Or use this link to get a new password:

http://www.spamcop.net/denied.shtml

- Don -

I GIVE UP. I can't find any of the references that you have given here. I know you're trying to be helpful but I can't find any of the FAQ references, etc!

I just need to know what URL I put into Mailwasher so I can use the spamcop reporting system! It was sent to me when I first signed up for Spamcop. After I had to rebuild my computer, and reinstall Mailwasher, it is not longer there. When I go to Spamcop and try to re-register, etc., it won't let me. It says I already have an account.

I have my user name and password to login to Spamcop. No problem. It is the reporting address that is put into Mailwasher that I need!

Dang! Is it really that hard?

Thanks!

SpamCop FAQ links are at the very top of this page ... in fact, a dropdown selection set is being polled on to provide yet another way to 'find' help.

There are two search tools available at the top of this page, ine 'internal' .. the other using Google ...

The basic issue seem to be that you have yet to actually login to "your" www.spamcop.net web-page ....

All of the above was based on the fact that you couldn't get this accomplished. Yet, you say you have the data needed ..????

I just need to know what URL I put into Mailwasher so I can use the spamcop reporting system! It was sent to me when I first signed up for Spamcop. After I had to rebuild my computer, and reinstall Mailwasher, it is not longer there. When I go to Spamcop and try to re-register, etc., it won't let me. It says I already have an account.

I have my user name and password to login to Spamcop. No problem. It is the reporting address that is put into Mailwasher that I need!

You say you have your user name and password. So you should be able to log on to spamcop if you go to the web page http://www.spamcop.net/ .

Your user name is your email address. If you have forgotten your password, there is a 'Forgot your password' link.

Then, if I understand Don's post correctly, the "submit" address that MailWasher wants is displayed on the "Welcome" page when you log in - right above the paste in box and after 'Forward your spam to'.

HTH

Miss Betsy

PS I couldn't find out how to find it in the FAQ - lots of items on what it was, but none on where it was except as something you got when you registered so I added where it is to the FAQ.

• 4 months later...

Hello all. I have just signed onto spam Cop hoping that it will solve my 699 unsolicited mails received over the last 2 days. However, I use Mailwasher. In the options section for spam it gives spam cop. Using this option it asks for the email address which spamcop has given me to send known spam received. Where do I gewt this email address from. Looked all over the site but can't see one. :wub::wub:

Thanks for the help and hope to hear from "well, someone"

Mike

Moderator Edit: In addition to "moving" this Topic, it was "merged" into an existing Topic/Discussion covering the same ground.

When you say "signed onto spam Cop," are you only referring to joining these forums, or are you saying that you signed up for the free SpamCop reporting service? In case you only did the former, here's a link to the latter:

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/287.html

The information you seek is all found in the FAQ, here:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238

Here's a link to the entry on the confidential submit address:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8276

It doesn't seem that you make it to the FAQ section, or spent enough "quality time" there, at least, because if you had, you'd have also read that reporting the spam that you receive won't necessarily result in a reduction of spam sent to your address(es). The efforts of the many reporters *do* feed the SCBL, which is in turn used by many ISPs to filter and/or block incoming spam, but it's only one tool out of many that would help with your problem.

Speaking of that, do you own one or more domains? And if so, I'm hoping that you're not using a "catch all" function at those domains, because that's a very untenable and unwise thing to be doing. If you are, then turning off that function will greatly reduce your spam...most of use with Internet domains have done that long ago.

DT

Looked all over the site but can't see one.

Wondering what you might 'really' have looked at.

Posted into:

SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Report data System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option .... Questions still needed to be asked about How to use/do something are to be posted into that function's Forum section. .... Interacting with SpamCop and it's users

Moved to: SpamCop Discussion > Discussions & Observations > SpamCop Reporting Help

A forum to help users with reporting spam using the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service. Questions about the SpamCop Email System and/or Accounts should be directed to the SpamCop Email System & Accounts Forum. Questions about "your e-mail Blocked by SpamCop" should be directed to the SpamCop Blocklist Help Forum. Etc. etc., etc.

Merged into an existing Discussion on the same issue.

At the top of every page is a link to the www.spamcop.net site / home page, which if you do not have an account, therefore not logged in, has data available .. probably somethig similar to what MaulWasher has in their documentation somewhere .... Also at the the top of every page are links to various FAQs, the Wiki, etc. For instance, SpamCop Reporting Accounts contains data sbove and beyond what the original/official FAQ provides.

Hi all,

I am a registered user of SpamCop's reporting services, and I have a question similar to, but not the same as, sailr's question.

I have done a fresh reinstallation of my system over the weekend, and I have spent an hour reading through FAQs and searching the forum to find how to re-receive the welcome/authorization e-mail. Please note I am aware that I can obtain the submit.________[at]spam.spamcop.net e-mail address by logging into my account, and I've just successfully done so without any issue.

What I am asking for here, however, is a method to trigger SpamCop's system to resend the welcome e-mail to me. The reason why I am asking is because this will enable me to forward a spam directly within my e-mail client without having to use a browser every single time when I need to file a report. The "Send authorization e-mail" button on the Reporting spam page used to work for this purpose, but now it would only display "Sorry, email address has already been registered" without sending me an authorization e-mail.

Any help to accomplish this will be greatly appreciated.

The reason why I am asking is because this will enable me to forward a spam directly within my e-mail client without having to use a browser every single time when I need to file a report.
I don't understand how an email with the submit.____ address would allow this while manually entering the address would not. It will be the same address. If you are referring to the "quick" submit address, simply replace submit with quick in the address.

As far as I know, the link you refer to has always performed as you describe it currently working.

I am a registered user of SpamCop's reporting services, and I have a question similar to, but not the same as, sailr's question.

I have done a fresh reinstallation of my system over the weekend, and I have spent an hour reading through FAQs and searching the forum to find how to re-receive the welcome/authorization e-mail. Please note I am aware that I can obtain the submit.________[at]spam.spamcop.net e-mail address by logging into my account, and I've just successfully done so without any issue.

If you have that address, are able to log in to that page, what exactly is the problem?

The reason why I am asking is because this will enable me to forward a spam directly within my e-mail client without having to use a browser every single time when I need to file a report.

As above, what is the actual problem? You have stated that you can see / find the 'Submit" e-mail address associated with your 'existing' SpamCop.net Reporting Account. That would be the address you would "send your submittal to" ...

The "Send authorization e-mail" button on the Reporting spam page used to work for this purpose, but now it would only display "Sorry, email address has already been registered" without sending me an authorization e-mail.

Addressed in one of the SpamCop FAQ entries 'here' already referenced in the above. Note the section 'lined out' in Password Problems

I don't understand how an email with the submit.____ address would allow this while manually entering the address would not. It will be the same address.
As above, what is the actual problem? You have stated that you can see / find the 'Submit" e-mail address associated with your 'existing' SpamCop.net Reporting Account. That would be the address you would "send your submittal to" ...

Thank you for your replies. Having a reference e-mail from SpamCop in my inbox allows me to copy-and-paste the submit e-mail address within my e-mail client without having to go through the extra steps of obtaining it via a browser. The time saving is quite considerable, thus forming the basis of my inquiry.

Thank you for your replies. Having a reference e-mail from SpamCop in my inbox allows me to copy-and-paste the submit e-mail address within my e-mail client without having to go through the extra steps of obtaining it via a browser. The time saving is quite considerable, thus forming the basis of my inquiry.

What e-mail client are you using that doesn't have some kind of 'address book' ?????

Archived