[Resolved] Spamcop Email on its knees - really slow performance

Admittedly, a couple of hours later, but still no issues here. You are still experiencing the slowness? How many emails are we talking here? 100's 1000's etc. How many do you display per page? Do pages with certain messages load slower than others?...

I have about 750 emails in my InBox (I assume that I need to prune these). 25 headers per display page.

The slowness appears to be most prevalent upon login.

What is the overhead of filters? I have about 15 filters, all of which move emails from my InBox to HeldMail (stuff that appears to "beat" the wonderful SpamCop spam filters.

I will be guided by your advice.

I have about 750 emails in my InBox (I assume that I need to prune these). 25 headers per display page.

The slowness appears to be most prevalent upon login.

What is the overhead of filters? I have about 15 filters, all of which move emails from my InBox to HeldMail (stuff that appears to "beat" the wonderful SpamCop spam filters.

I will be guided by your advice.

Has any of this changed recently? Number of messages in Inbox, number or type of filters?

If you have the Options, Filters,

x Apply filter rules upon logging on?

x Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?

All 15 rules are likely to be checked against all your messages each time you log on and/or display your Inbox so this is likely slowing your webmail considerably. Try unchecking these switches, or disable your filters for a short while (or both) and see if things improve at all. If it does not, I think we need you to contact JT (support[at]spamcop.net), providing him with a time you are logging in and have him checkl the logs to see exactly what is happening.

Will note that other suggestions have been tendered and apparently ignored. And that "filters" have yet come up again in 'your' case, again pointing back to your other Topic on that very subject still being unresolved, well ....

OK, all filters disabled and I toggled off both settings as suggested.

It appears to be a combination of the filters (about 15) and the number of emails in my InBox impacting performance at login.

So, I'll have to run my filters after login, or some such.

Thanks for those who helped.

Archived