Reporting system has crashed

DavidT

As of right now, the data from the graphic seen here:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...&page=stats

shows that the reporting system has been dead for over 1.5 hours. I can't log in to any of my reporting accounts...the system comes up with a bogus "Forgot your password?" screen, sometimes only after "thinking" about it for a long time.

The crickets are chirping again here, so I'll jump over to the newsgroups and see if anyone has noticed.

edit: they have...several reports over there, including a response pointing to the telltale reporting stats graphic. There's hardly anyone here...this sort of thing used to drum up some attention around here pretty quickly.

DT

As of right now, the data from the graphic seen here:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...&page=stats

shows that the reporting system has been dead for over 1.5 hours. I can't log in to any of my reporting accounts...the system comes up with a bogus "Forgot your password?" screen, sometimes only after "thinking" about it for a long time.

The crickets are chirping again here, so I'll jump over to the newsgroups and see if anyone has noticed.

edit: they have...several reports over there, including a response pointing to the telltale reporting stats graphic. There's hardly anyone here...this sort of thing used to drum up some attention around here pretty quickly.

DT

It is a summer weekend. I know I am just coming in from outside and noticing the same thing.

It is a summer weekend. I know I am just coming in from outside and noticing the same thing.

Actually, you were the only one here when I posted the first message, but you were over in the "Apple IIGS" topic at the time...then you came back to the board index, but I guess you missed my post and the graphic.

My point is that I think I've noticed a downward trend in the amount of activity here, but that's only my impression and not at all scientific.

DT

Since the posts that are obvious about how to contact deputies have been posted, I bet that many people who would have posted a question have either found the answer in the FAQ or have contacted the deputies directly because they want 'official' help.

There are occasional people who have had their email blocked, but again, there are probably fewer and fewer systems who care whether they are blocked or not. And, a number who do not need to post because they found the answer in the FAQ.

People also realize that spamcop goes down every once in a while and would only be concerned if it wasn't working the next time (or even a couple more times).

That's my explanation of the quiet here.

Miss Betsy

My point is that I think I've noticed a downward trend in the amount of activity here, but that's only my impression and not at all scientific.

Well I was sound asleep throughout the entire event being some five hours ahead of the USA.

But I doubt I'd have posted anything anyway. I tend to reckon that when the reporting system fails, many folk will be aware of the issue very quickly and my ability to post a 'System down' note or the more likely 'Me too' response is unlikely to do much to assist.

But I'm delighted to know it wasn't and now is :D

Andrew

Archived