Not recieving a specific mailinglist

I have successfully recieved mailinglists for quite some time (and continue to do so) from yahoo, pickering and many other mailinglist servers. However my church recently started administrating their own mailinglists and ever since, I have been unable to recieve any of their mailinglist posts.

These posts never even appear in my "Held Mail".

Is there anything on our end that could be causing that?

Thanks for your help!

Bonnie

Not enough data, in reality. For example, there's nothing showing in your query that states that this list e-mail is actually sent. To expand that, there could be some kind of (outgoing) filter that actually looks for the word "spam" and drops that e-mail ...????

In general, anything that hits JT's hardware to an actual account does make it to that account. That you say it's not showing up n either your InBox or Held folder suggests that it isn't actually arriving.

That's about as far as anyone can go "here" ... the better candidate for help would be your church's folks involved with this mailing-list/server rules. Any further help 'here' would need a lot more data provided.

Thanks!

I suspected this, but I wanted an offical person to tell me I was right. I can receive regular emails from this server, just not the mailinglist ones. I'll share your comments with them and what they say.

Thanks again!

Bonnie

Thanks!

I suspected this, but I wanted an offical person to tell me I was right. I can receive regular emails from this server, just not the mailinglist ones. I'll share your comments with them and what they say.

Thanks again!

Bonnie

Hi, Bonnie,

...Wazoo isn't really "official" in the sense I believe you mean (although he is very knowledgeable) -- he's only official with respect to the SpamCop Forum. If you want an official with respect to the SpamCop e-mail service, you want JT (aka JeffT) who does not seem to drop by here very often. The best way to contact JT is via the Contact Form.

...Good luck!

I suspected this, but I wanted an offical person to tell me I was right.

I can only admit to being a 'person' <g>

I can receive regular emails from this server, just not the mailinglist ones. I'll share your comments with them and what they say.

That's what I'm keying on also. There is something 'magical' that is apparently only choosing some item to make a decision on not sending the outgoing e-mail. The triggering on the word "spam" is not unknown .. assumedly based on the tyipcal spam a number of years back that always seemed to include the statement "This is not apsm" .... I recall a discussion on another support forum where one admin asked "who in their right mind would include the word 'spam' in their Domain name?" .. I offered up several anti-spam organizations .. but the underlying point is that some admins can make some bad decisions on seemingly 'logical' facts .....

To check for 'actual' delivery problems, the log files of the servers involved would have to be looked at. Here, one would want to provide date/time-stamps of the attempted e-mails sending, in addition to the servers name/IP address of the involved systems.

• 1 month later...

I have all my mail arrive at Gamebits.net, where a copy is stored before it's forwarded to Spamcop. I'm finding mail in my Gamebits.net account that is not arriving in my Spamcop.net account. Like Bonnie, some of it is from a specific mailing list, but sometimes it's from an individual, too.

I have full headers of the messages that are not making the leap from Gamebits to Spamcop, though I'm hesitant to post them here - I've found posting email addresses in the Spamcop forums result in those addresses getting spammed, unfortunately.

What can I do with this information to help me resolve the situation?

-Ken

I have full headers of the messages that are not making the leap from Gamebits to Spamcop, though I'm hesitant to post them here - I've found posting email addresses in the Spamcop forums result in those addresses getting spammed, unfortunately.

Posting e-mail addresses anywhere on the 'net' will allow for scaping. You should note that I mad a modifiation 'here' that doesn't allow e-mail addresses to show up as 'normal' ... suggestion being that your alleged spammer is going to a lot of ectra work to identify, extract, and use that info as 'seen' here. (OK, maybe not a 'lot' work, but definitely not the standard "grab any data surrounding an "[at]" sign .... )

What can I do with this information to help me resolve the situation?

Same stuff suggested to Bonnie ... see if you can get server logs that would identify 'failed' attempts at sending e-mail to the SpamCop e-mail servers. Have you asked Gamebits.net what filtering they (or their upstream) actually have in place? Have you tried to directly forward any of that e-mail yourself from Gamebits.net to your SpamCop.net e-mail account and had it arrive (usual test mode here is to also CC: it to some other e-mail address to see if it arrives there, and thus having the precise header data to start specific queries) ... But again, sll this is pretty well documented in a number od SpamCop FAQ entries 'here' .....

Archived